Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lois2

Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight

i have times i can not stop eating. HELP
0 Kudos
1,708 Replies
donnakaydeaux

HELLO,I AM NEW TO THIS GROUP, NEXT MONTH DEC 24TH CHRISTMS EVE WILL BE MY 1ST ANNIVERSARY

SMOKE-FREE, NOW ITS TIME TO LOSE THE WEIGHT I HAVE GAINED, HOPE THIS IS AN ACTIVE GROUP?

0 Kudos
donnakaydeaux

I HAVE BEEN USING (SPLENDA) FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW, BECAUSE IT HAS NO  CALORIES, DONT USE REGULAR SUGAR, MY DAD GOT ME HOOKED, HE HAS DIABETIES, I AS TOLD BY SOMEONE, IT WAS BAD FOR ME, HARDER O DIGEST, TO BREAK DOWN IN MY SYSTEM, AND KIDNEYS IS THAT TRUE???? IF SO WHY WOULD MY DADS DOCTOR TELL HIM TO USE SPLENDA?? SURE COULD USE SOME ADVICE!! HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! THANKS AGAIN!!

0 Kudos
lana3

I lost weight when I ruined my quit.  The weight dropped off immediately, but what a price to pay. Now that I am not smoking again I will try harder to not replace cigarettes with food.  In 413 smokefree days I gained about  35 lbs.  That's terrible, from a size 10 to a size 16!  Now I am a 12-14.  Hope some of you are still out there.  I just now was able to get back in to my page!

0 Kudos
lana3

I am so glad to finally be able to sign into ex again.  I missed everybody.

0 Kudos
lois2

oh i am still here and my weight is still around me, ha i LANA WE CAN LOSE THIS WEIGHT i use food like i do cig. HELP

0 Kudos
cindy-mc

Hi, haven't been on this site for awhile...I am still smoke-free (6 months on Dec. 18) which is great, but am still struggling with weight.  Here's what is wierd...when I start thinking about losing weight, cutting back, eating differently, exercising, etc., well, that is when I seem to just lose control...I want to eat anything and everything.  So, I am trying NOT to think about dieting, but I am still struggling.  I think I want to be perceived as a calm, in control, nothing bothers me type person, so I bury my stress...smoking was an outlet to release that stress (for me, smoking was beyond nicotine...smoking was a form of rebellion, being a bad girl, etc.)  Without smoking, I think I have really focused on eating as my new stress release rebellion.  I just don't know anymore.

I think the solution to the problem lies within myself, but I am having a really difficult time finding it!  LOL!   I wouldn't mind some words of wisdom from someone out there, but I really appreciate a place to safely vent a little.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
lois2

oh i am here but i am just like you, food has took over my mind, it is in control, the dr, said not to worry about it now,18 pounds in 5 months, not good, may be we can find some answers CINDY Mc

0 Kudos
lois2

hi hope to lose weight,  at first i felf good and then i don't know what is going on. i am smoke free but not happy.

0 Kudos
cindy-mc

Hi, did everyone have a good day?  I had another day smoke free (172 in all!) -- almost 6 months.  I can't hardly believe it!  I need to apply that not smoking thing to eating, huh?  Now it seems like not smoking is easier than dieting...wow.  Never thought I'd believe that!

I was reading through some of the comments and I didn't feel so alone in my struggle.  Don't know if it will make dieting easier, but I do feel better, LOL! 

Take care, all!

0 Kudos
lois2

it does seem easy to quit smoking now that we quit, dieting sounds hard, i guess it is a mind thing,

0 Kudos