cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underscore help please

As some of you may have already figured out, I am a bit daft when it comes to computers,lol. I try not to spend to much time on them but anyway......

I am experiencing an UNDERSCORE  problem. I need the EASY explanation how to do an @mention with a username that has an underscore in it. It never works for me and frankly I wish they were not even permitted for a username.

Anyone out there who can help me????

I would be forever grateful.

Missy_   

Tags (1)
44 Replies

Ouch! My head hurts now! Hahaha!

Reason #6 why I'm not a fan of JIVE.

Anyway, if my underscore is keeping people from mentioning me (thus keeping me from getting notified), then it's gotta go. I'll be sending Mark a message shortly.

I now greatly admire the folks here who go the extra steps to mention people. My hat's off to you!

Storm.3.1.14 wrote:

Ouch! My head hurts now! Hahaha!

Reason #6 why I'm not a fan of JIVE.

All community platforms have bugs. Elgg had a lot of them! I've worked with quite a few community platforms in my day and always seem to discover things.  It will be fixed so it will become a non-issue in the next couple months.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Awesome thank you. I would have taken the steps Storm.3.1.14, but am not real good on computers, sorry! Glad you got rid of the underscore

MarilynH

YAY Storm.3.1.14 

0 Kudos
Giulia

That's what I do when I can't @ mention someone by typing in their username.  I copy and paste it.