cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underscore help please

As some of you may have already figured out, I am a bit daft when it comes to computers,lol. I try not to spend to much time on them but anyway......

I am experiencing an UNDERSCORE  problem. I need the EASY explanation how to do an @mention with a username that has an underscore in it. It never works for me and frankly I wish they were not even permitted for a username.

Anyone out there who can help me????

I would be forever grateful.

Missy_   

Tags (1)
44 Replies

Jennifer-Quit wrote: 

You would think that after almost 1-1/2 years it would be fixed!  

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6182-mention?commentID=116219#comment-105323 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

My question is why can I copy the link to @mention someone on my work computer but not on my home computer that is running Windows 10   The same steps do not work on both computers  Not sure off the top of my head which Windows version I am using at work.  But I can use the workaround perfectly fine using earlier versions of Windows - does not seem to work the same for Windows 10.

0 Kudos

Jennifer-Quit wrote:

My question is why can I copy the link to @mention someone on my work computer but not on my home computer that is running Windows 10   The same steps do not work on both computers  Not sure off the top of my head which Windows version I am using at work.  But I can use the workaround perfectly fine using earlier versions of Windows - does not seem to work the same for Windows 10.

I use Windows 10 and copying and pasting the profile link from my work computer works just fine.  Any chance you can record a video from your phone of you on your home computer trying to copy and paste the link?

What browser are you using? Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox?

When doing the link you can just paste the link inline and it should resolve to an @mention without doing anything.

Jennifer-Quit  I just pasted the link to your profile without using the insert link button and it automatically resolved to your username as an @mention.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Using Edge when I paste the link I get:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Rick_M

When I paste the Link and then left Click and Auto-Title:

Rick_M 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thank you Thank You Thank You!  I have been struggling with this for a long time.  

0 Kudos

Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14 wrote:

Thank you Thank You Thank You!  I have been struggling with this for a long time.  

YW

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Using Chrome when I paste the link I get:

Rick_M 

No need to Auto-Title. 

Jive doesn't officially support Edge, they prefer Chrome or Firefox. I think it's odd since Edge is pre-installed on every Windows computer however the web would be better if there wasn't any Microsoft Explorer or Edge on any computer.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos