The EX Cafe Fri 03.10.17

Welcome to The EX Café Fri  Mar 10, 2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
43 Replies
elvan

Getting ready for work, I am feeling much better than yesterday.  I think I would like a cup of peppermint tea to make sure my stomach stays in control and a piece of dry oatmeal toast.  Have a lovely Friday everyone.

Ellen

Pops

And lest we forget...we have the "last" male barista, or is it baristo? tending to the cafe on Sunday.....mixing, coffee, humor, recovery and a generally good mood for all....Do NOT miss it....I'm watching for you....

Do NOT make me come looking for you.....

elvan

I will not forget, Sir Baristo!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I have a bunch of chocolate blueberries to share. 

Looks like we'll need a BUNCH of napkins to go with those!

and how about some blueberry muffins?

and a carafe of hot chocolate?

Help yourself, everybody!

YoungAtHeart

Here ya' go,  elvan‌, https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/c2q-blog?sr=search&searchId=b1216566-bfeb-44b2-8bc1-fbe3c3e... is in the back making lunch, so thought I'd give her a hand):

Enjoy!

elvan

Thank you YoungAtHeart‌.  That should do it for me.  I just have to remember to drink lots of liquids today (not always the easiest to get someone to cover the register when I have to use the bathroom).  I feel so much better.  Hope you are recovering from your eye surgery.

0 Kudos
c2q

Wow, back up for air. Peeling spuds is hard work. Thanks for the hand susan_m‌ and YoungAtHeart‌!

elvan‌, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Good to see you this morning.

Hey Pops‌, I started some cowboy coffee for you before I took up with the peeler, but I forgot to bring it out. It's probably pure mud by now - but that's the way you like it, right?

CowboyCoffee-lexi-ruskell.jpg

0 Kudos
Pops

Yep, pure stupid strong & wreaking.....just no grounds though...yuck, I can NOT do coffee grounds in my cup.  My first set of inlaws from Ky used to pour there coffee over the edge of their mugs & let it drip down into a bowl, and they would make sure not to tip the mug so much as to cause the grounds to spill over the top...then they would raise the bowls to their faces and drink from the bowls!!!! OMG!  Me being from California, the first time that I saw that I almost died.  I was simply aghast.  They said that was the way that all of them were raised to drink coffee....I have never seen anything like it since, nor have I ever heard of anyone else doing it that way....so again....NO GROUNDS! 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

O M G, Pops!  Now that I've visualized this, I can NEVER unsee it!

0 Kudos
c2q

OMG is right. Is that coffee in Kentucky? Could never handle it myself either . . .

0 Kudos