Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

DECEMBER DAILY PLEDGE 2020

promise.JPG

I CAN I WILL I PROMISE!

I quit today. It’s my first day. I take a hand and make a pledge, a promise, not to smoke or chew or vape today. Just for today. I can do that. Today is my first day to be free. And I can. And I will. I promise.

I’ve been quit for a week. It’s been tough, but I’ve held hands here and I promise to remain free. No matter what. I can do this. I promise. Really.

I’ve been quit for several years. It’s no longer tough. But I continue to hold the hands of those who are just beginning, those who are struggling, and those who are just like me with years of quits behind them. Because I know their quits strengthen mine. And I promise not to let them down (nor myself).

We’re all here to make a pledge, to promise not to smoke or vape or chew. We’re all on the same journey. Just in different lands on different paths. But they all lead to one thing - Freedom.

Say yes to that Best part of you and embrace yourself.

================================================================================== 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
355 Replies
Krack3rJack

I gladly accept your hand Cousin-Itt and commit to not toss hot smoke down my gullet today.  I extend my hand to the next awesome EX'er.

wlh

Thanks for your hand Krack3rJack‌!

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 1394 dof

virgomama

I extend my hand to you , Lynne and offer my other hand to the next on pledging.  God bless

Cindy

817 DOF

SuzyQ411

Yes, perspective is really needed to pull away from those things trying to pull us back into the horrendous cycle of smoking Giulia‌ and BTW, when I came to this site to pledge today it opened up at your post at the top of this page Mark 

Thanks for your hand in mutual support and commitment to not smoke today no matter what

MarilynH

And I offer my free hand to the next in line who chooses to pledge along with us. 

Suzy

355 days totally free of cigarettes since 1.6.2020 = at least 5,325 cigarettes not smoked !!

Giulia

Well that's good to know, Suzy.  Not sure why you're taking Marilyn's hand, since the person who posted above you is virgomama, but I'll take both your hands and promise not to smoke this evening or the rest of the week for that matter!  (If you go to the top of the blog and click on "Latest Reply" under the heading, you will be taken to exactly that - the latest reply.  That's what you should do to go to the post.  Because if you just scroll to the bottom and click on the right red arrow it is not always accurate.)

Free and maintaining my quit for Fourteen Years, Nine Months, Twenty Five Days, 9 Hours and 7 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 563 Days and 23 Hours, by not smoking  162431 cigarettes that would have cost me at least $61,376.68.

Holding out my hand for the next Champ......

Barbscloud

Good morning Giulia   I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

1020 DOF

Cousin-Itt

Good Morning All

Thank you for your hand this morning Barb Barbscloud as I pledge NO Smoking  for me today here in Southwest Ohio

I extend my free hand to the next Winner in line

Wishing Everyone a Safe, Enjoyable Smoke Free Sunday 

Kkplayhouse

Thanks for your hand CousinItt. I pledge not to smoke evermore. I extend my other hand to the next exer for support.

BobKatt22

Hello KK, I’ll be glad to take your hand and pledge JFT not to smoke today and I’ll offer my other hand to the next quitster in line because with both of my hands busy holding other people’s hands I will not have a free hand to pick up a nasty sicarette and put it in my mouth and smoke it. Have a great day today everyone

sweetplt

Good Morning BobKatt22 Bob hope you are feeling better...I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I will offer my other hand out to the next pledge...Colleen 755 DOF