Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

1/25/19 Celebrations

It appears that you've reached the milestones listed below based on the quit date that is appearing on the site. Congrats on your progress if the date is correct. If it isn't, read below for directions on how to get your quit date updated!

lewis65 9 years!

jeanne-8-4-13 2000 days!

hello12, howell2, JACKIE1-25-15, prjimm01 and legraves 4 years!

crazymama_Lori 3 years!

emomma25, gahaganj60 and LindaH 2 years!

apriloct8, Cece11 and letsgospa 700 days! Stop in! it's been awhile since we've seen you!

chinos10 600 days!

abnjmdan‌, Izelle‌ and KSchleich‌ 1.5 years

Fefun, Jake1080, Millenia28 and WXG 500 days!

jsljustin and victory 1 Year!

brittleeg87, cmanhart, darlenejean, Kim1028, Tboyle0115 and Willowwolf 300 days!

Annemarie1953, pacha007 and SimsChild0818 200 Days!

cowboyznangelz5‌ and Lvyles‌ 6 months!

thtsn 150 days!

Marlbororeds85s and Trusso 50 days!

If you have a celebration, whatever the period of time, feel free to share and celebrate in the comments! Not sure of your Days Of Freedom? Use the EX Quit Calculator← or check out My Quit Plan to see your DOF.

If you're just joining us, the above members are just a small sample of people who have quit with the help of the site you're on and the amazing support. Let that be motivation that you can do it too.

2befreeforlife, wendyb1975 and rlachance today is your quit day! Congrats, if anyone has quit today and for starting your journey with us as well. Be sure to journal your experiences today with a personal blog(← Click to get started) so you can look back on it and reflect where you started. Tag the post "TheDayIQuit". This way others can see what they can possibly expect as they start their quit journey. Before you know it, you'll be celebrating with people like those mentioned above.

Mark
EX Community Manager

If I've gotten your quit date wrong, be sure to update it and then go through the steps to sync it to the community.

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (1)
16 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
Kkplayhouse

Today I quit and got through the a.m. cravings that plague me. I know it's the first day but I made it through a very rough patch...that a.m. carving.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex. and congrats on your quit.  If you need us, reach out.  We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos

Thank you Jackie1-25-15 and others for wishing me well on my quit day!  I thought I would come out of the shadows for a bit and tell everyone about my journey to here.  I quit 20 years ago for about 10 years and then started again (do not smoke that one cigarette...it took about 5 months to get back into but I did) and have finally 10 years later got the courage up to do again.  I used a site similar to this one my first time around...these sites are so helpful and needed...my boyfriend at the time said I planned for my quit date as well as the planning for D-Day!! It worked. This time around I found this site and looked around.  Thankfully I found all of the information and insight I found 20 years ago except for one thing......Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. (Sounds like a commercial!) This book is why I was a day late in quitting....I didn't want to quit until I finished the book as he instructs.  I finished the book and smoked the last cigarette I'll ever smoke at 10:30 this morning!  (I religiously smoked 20-30 per day since I was in my early 20's (except for the 10 years of freedom mentioned above).  I was skeptical all the way through the book and even at the end I was skeptical but so far so good.  I have thought about smoking but haven't craved it....it is totally weird....I can't believe it.  I don't know if this will continue (I hope so!).  If not, I am prepared with Nicorette gum (haven't used or wanted any) and have other plans in place if this easy time I having doesn't continue.  I threw out all of my smoking  stuff, washed my coats, cleaned my car etc.  If you are struggling and haven't read the book....READ IT.  I have it highlighted and paper clipped pages for easy reference but haven't needed it.  I am shocked and ecstatic.  I pray this continues and I hope others discover this book works for them.  I will go back into the shadows now but will update my journey along the way.  (I don't know how to blog without replying to someone's post...I'm sure there are directions.) Good luck to all, don't give up.  You will be so happy and proud to be an ex-smoker in the not too distant future.    (I was super proud almost everyday when I was quit for 10 years.).  For those struggling...take it in 15 minute increments.  Brush your teeth, play a game of solitaire on the computer, any thing to distract you for 15 minutes.  The time between the need for a distraction will get greater and greater everyday.  You are going to win this....FIGHT for it!  I am a non smoker!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you so much for sharing.  I wish it was posted in a blog so that more could read it .  Congrats on day one 

elvan

Great information, I really think that if you copy and paste it into a blog...a LOT more people will read it and respond.  So glad that you are here...seriously.  What an amazing journey!

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Congratulations to a great group of Quitters...whoo hoo !

0 Kudos