cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

All This Spam And No One To Interpret It

Or get it off the dam site.

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK.

So Much For All The Back End Security Put Into Effect.

Spammers.jpg

0 Kudos
34 Replies

My screen shot missed this one.

Deactivated user 

and they just keep joining

Deactivated user 

Deactivated user    This one has 15 followers. How does that happen if they just joined?

MarilynH

Yeah I agree! I didn't count the spam on my page but there's at least half a dozen or so of the same thing I'm assuming because I can't read it and don't know of anyone to translate the garbage! But I won't smoke over the spam JonesCarpeDiem 

0 Kudos
MePlus3

I agree! I commented under 1 and called for Mark because I don't know how to report it. By the time I did that my ex feed was flooded with it.

I just went back 10 pages in conversations which was as far as it would let me go.

It's all spam.

If this is the (back to the old) future of every morning on the site, you can deactivate my account.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007 wrote:

I just went back 10 pages in conversations which was as far as it would let me go.

It's all spam.

If this is the (back to the old) future of every morning on the site, you can deactivate my account.

It's hard to predict what spammers will do.  They're always adapting to see how they can exploit and get through the "gates". We certainly don't want the site cluttered with spam. We're not going to let the spam stay on the site.  If were to turn on pro-active moderation all content would have to be approved before it is posted.  While that would prevent spam it would also make it hard to participate on the site.  It's always a careful balance.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I get it but if I see it and write a post that's going to be buried for 2 hours, it's rather uninspiring. What about what Ellen said, that they can post after they've been deactivated or was that a timing thing with your actions?

Hey, they fixed the 10 page limit. NOW THERE'S 20 PAGES OF SPAM

gregp136

You certainly were correct!  A daily thing, you said!

They've figured out how to flood the site with spam. I'm concerned that next they'll get thousands of computers to post at the same time and this place will be done.