cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

All This Spam And No One To Interpret It

Or get it off the dam site.

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK.

So Much For All The Back End Security Put Into Effect.

Spammers.jpg

0 Kudos
34 Replies
elvan

JonesCarpeDiem‌ Holy crap.  Alright, I am responding to the last thing in my inbox and then I am OUT of here.

Make it a good day.  🙂

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've gotten most of it cleared up.  I'm monitoring so hopefully there won't be much more.

If you see any posts that are spam. Please click Actions and then select Report Abuse.  Then choose Spam from the drop down. You may see them as comments on your posts or new blogs/discussions.

Thanks in advance for your help.  Sorry it happened but I'll be taking care of it.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Mark‌  Thanks Mark!  I'm sure it's not easy preventing and monitoring spammers.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Correct. They're always looking for new ways to exploit.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

They obviously got around the spam filters.

Ad I recall, you and I were seeing 50% of the new members were spammers on some of the days before the platform change.

There is a history of the spam slides coming around 5 Eastern.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Wow Dale, we were never Flooded like this on the old site! Were we? Not that I remember anyway and you looked after it and warned all of us of potential Spammers! This is awful especially for the new and struggling quitters, there's really no point in me blogging anything right now. JonesCarpeDiem .

0 Kudos
gregp136

I agree, and no reason to hand around.  I can handle a day or two, or three, but I think it will be a lot harder on other rookies.  I did translate a page and it wasn't an ad.  It seemed like just some random info cut and pasted from the net.  Doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos

We Have NO DEFENSE.

They are joining and posting FASTER THAN THEY CAN BE DELETED And others are joining and not posting but embedding themselves into the rolls.

Until there is a way to confirm new members before they post, THIS PLACE IS DONE.

0 Kudos
gregp136

can more people be given the power to delete?  Or a delay between joining and posting?  I am sure Mark‌ and the other powers that be will be working on a solution.  Let me know if you want more input!

Greg

0 Kudos