Give and get support around quitting

Quitstipation

Nicotine runs your gut.

Undoing this

Takes about a month

It will adjust

It will adjust

It will adjust

nicotine has a stimulating effect on intestinal transit and helps bowel movements and you have developed an automatism in this situation. Constipation is one of the symptoms that occur during nicotine withdrawal."

Constipation and Quitting Smoking - Is It Normal? 

Stopping smoking can cause constipation. - PubMed - NCBI 

I recommend a well marbled steak and 4 cups of strong coffee.

(and a warning to your family)

12 Replies
c2q

So, quitting is a gut reaction then?

I think I'll take a probiotic and trust my gut.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos
elvan

I found that to be pretty annoying along with the other GAStrointestinal symptoms that accompanied it.  Warning the family is RIGHT, same with coworkers and anyone passing by.

I remember reading an old blog on NML that Sarah wrote about "pooping rocks."  It made me laugh then and still does now.

and Pets!   and Pet Rocks   🙂

0 Kudos
elvan

Yep, you got it.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

true that!

0 Kudos
gardenancy8

I thought this blog was good to bring back in the posts today, it should be on best of the ex really!   Because many don't know that some of us can suffer big time with this! I am one of those people! Mark  can we make this part of the best of the ex?  I don't remember reading this at the beginning of my quit! I was so starting to getting worried about my gut and wondering what was up!   Thanks for all the info guys! It is so appreciated, can't say that enough! 

Thanks for the blog JonesCarpeDiem

0 Kudos
freeneasy

gardenancy8

Thank you!    We have many plum and prune(a tree just for pruning) Orchards, that is the family business! But for some reasons they make me constipated! lol   strange but true! Glad to see cabbage on there, I had some today!