cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

EXperimenting with the New EX

Wow.  Look at all the changes!  Just experimenting here.  We can have numbered and bulleted lists.  Lets see what this does: 

My reasons to quit:

1.   Because I'm no dummy and know that smoking is stupid and bad for my health.     
  2.   I will have better breath and not ashtray mouth.
  3.   I won't be shunned by those who don't smoke.
  4.   I'll save a whole heck of a lot of money.
  5.   I'll discover new strengths within myself.

Now let's see what the QUOTATION MARK button does....

If you've quit and are still smoking, you're doing it wrong!"  (Jonescarp)

And F for font family?  Look at this (comic sans), Impact, Terminal (none of us have to be terminal smokers!  Moving on to Arial.  Hmmmm, I wonder what the default font was now.  New times Roman?  Nope.  I wonder if there's a way to go back to the default.  I think I like it best.

And we can make words big!  and Bigger!  And biggest! and smaller if we want!!! 

Which means we won't have to go to a word processing program or an email program to do that!  Coo!

And if we have a nice poem

we want centered

we can do that too!

Hmm, but why did the line spacing end up being so wide?  Yet it turns out right when we post.  Probably due to the bigger font size. 

IMG_7572.JPG

Look at that!!!!  We can upload our own pictures directly from our very own computers!!!!  Whooooo Hooooo.  That was

the monster I was working on yesterday.  This is too much fun!    And we get emoticons too!

Now onto text color how bout lime green?  RED.  Sky Blue in bold.  Plumb!  Oh my.  This experimenting is GREAT as a craving distraction, I would think!  Let us not forget orange.  But still the line spacing is HUGE!!  Waaaaa.

Still trying to go back to the original font.  Verdana?  Nope. 

Hey YoungAtHeart.  I'm going to give you a badge - just for the heck of it.  To see how THAT function works.  Ooops, now I don't see how.  Guess I'll have to do another at YoungAtHeart Nice Work   That's for all the Wednesday blogs you've posted over the years to keep keep members fro...

Wow.  Me likeee these new changes!  (And if this times out before I send it, I'll shoot myself in the head!  lol)

Hope others will join in experimentation.  That's the best way to learn after all!  Practice makes perfect.

15 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I love it!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ You had a great time with that post.  I think you may want to get a big longer chainsaw.  I don't think it's going to cut through that trunk. Glad to see you have the safety goggles on though.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Mark (you don't pop up as one of the options, btw.  There are many Marks but no Mark just by himself  And since you're not in red and your avatar isn't there, I guess it goes to a limbo Mark?)  - I DID have a great time with that post!  And if you look at the cuts in the trunk, I had to do it from one side and then the other, then stick a wedge in it so it wouldn't close back up on me.  You're right, it's only a 16" saw and the trunk was probably a 19 or 20 diameter in parts.  Challenges are good.  Quitting can be fun!  It's all in how you look at it.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's peculiar that you can't mention me Giulia‌.  Wonder if I can mention Mark‌.  Seems that I can.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Well, I got your notification.  Let me try @Mark.  Nope. 

0 Kudos
c2q

I had to type "@ex" to get your name on the drop down list.  Mark Nice Work

0 Kudos

Oh boy! I have a lot to explore around here.

0 Kudos
Sootie

Well G- I hope this goes to you post (do we still call them blogs or are they conversations and discussions now? So if I say blog....everyone will know I mean whatever it is supposed to mean.pir8fan I just wanted to try and see what that did.........What is a tag? 

G---there is an icon for inserting a link removing the need for that scintillating explanation of yours on how to do it (love you really!) Where is color?

Found the emoticons! Found the color!!!

I don't know why those quotes are there....I did not mean to have them.

OK----I wrote this but do not know how to post it. Someone come and find me!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Lots of changes that's for sure, we're in the something called conversations which is great but we can still write blogs too, I forget where I saw that but I've been playing around and wrote a blog an hr or so ago and I even posted a pic of Mason playing in the snow last wk and posted it in a blog yay!

0 Kudos