cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brenda6

Another week!

Today is July 8. I am moving and won't be on the computer for atleast a week+. The cable company is to come and turn my computer and cable on the 16th. Every thursday I am taking away a cigarette. This thursday will be 25 cigs. a day or less. I am smoking any where between 15 and 20. So my weeks will be coming up soon.

Anyone who wants to quit slowly, thanks for joining. It may seem like a long time to New Years but not really. I started slowly many years ago. I know I can quit that way too.
I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me. I will succeed this time. Thanks for stopping and have a great week!
Take care and God Bless
Brenda
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Brenda,

I hope you are doing well with cutting down slowly. That is part of my strategy as well, and New Years eve is right around the corner. This is so hard to do, I will never smoke another cigarette again. It really makes me angry that this is so hard. I, too, have taken years to prepare myself for this. changing the things I do, places I go, my rituals, every aspect of my life, all because I allowed myself to become addicted and to listen to that nasty voice in my head that attacks my willpower.

I will draw upon my inner strength that has gotten me through many tough times in my life. I really need to put that strength to good use now.

Hand in there! I am glad you are here to talk with.
0 Kudos
brenda6

I didn't do well at cutting down. I was for awhile...got down to 8 a day. Then I got laid off and I am to about 1/2 pack a day. I feel like crap tho and smoking is a nuisance. On new years day I am not going to smoke and I know it is going to hurt for a few days. I have talked with others that have quit on new years days past. They have years under them and I can do that too. I can do it!! I just have to change my routines and stay away from smokers for awhile. I am starting to really feel the effects of smoking and it is a scary thing. I am tired of feeling bad. The healing process starts 12 hours after the last cig. Others have quit and successfully made it....I CAN TOO!!
I wish you the best in this. You ever need anyone to talk to I am here. It won't be easy but we can do it.
0 Kudos