cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

alejandro

Introduction ~ Just became an EX

My name is Alejandro. I quit smoking a week ago. I've been using the patches and fighting triggers with the gum. Been out of gum the last few days but still doing good. I'm certainly happy its been a week. The first three days where tough!

I'm trying to replace bad habits with good ones. So usually i would spend about 6 dollars a day on my bad habit. So i totalled it out to close to 30 dollars a week and decided to have a 30 dollar used book shopping spree on Amazon.com.

Its awesome. Already recieved two books. I'm trying the whole reward yourself for not smoking thing and its working. Hopefully I will stop ashing my cookies and packing my gum soon!

Anyways to add to my determination to succeed I enrolled in Tobaccofreeflorida counseling thing provided by the American Cancer Society. Had a good 25 minute chat with a counselor which was uber helpful. She's going to call back and check in on Tuesday. I was even elligable for 8 weeks of nicotine gum for free. Major kudos!

Well enough babbling! Everyone can do this! Replace your bad habit with a good one! I'm turning into a bookworm!

Seeeeee ya

Alejandro
0 Kudos
2 Replies
edith2

You sound like a success story already because you have a plan of action! That's wonderful. You'll be a great asset to this site and I look forward to hearing more from you! Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos
alejandro

It's a process for sure but I'm practicing diligence. I have a 2 week meditation retreat I'm going to later this week for 8 days @ a Buddhist temple. I'm filling the gap with good habits hoping peace is all I experience 🙂
0 Kudos