cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jessica48

Hey there!

My name is Jesse, and I am actually in a hetero relationship, but am bi. Hopefully this is acceptable in this group.

Now that that's out of the way, how is progress for everyone else?

I'm on day four of separation and am really excited to forget to have a cigg after lunch...or something of that sort.

More on this later!
--Jesse
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bill16

Jesse:

Thanks for the note. I just joined last night after seeing an ad. I'd seen the ad a couple of times and finally go to the site. I've smoked for 27 years, about 1/2 pack a day sometimes a pack. I have to give it up because I had quad bipass two years ago and while I stopped smoking for about 4 months, I picked it back up and my doctor has told me that its time to quit or I'll blow my graphs or worse have to have another surgery, or even worse have a heart attach and die. I'm tracking my triggers today and this week. I should be set up to quit by Friday. This way I can work through it over the weekend and just continue on when Monday comes around. Quitting on a Monday does not seem like a good idea to me.

Regarding the group. Sometimes I just feel comfortale chatting with someone who is gay or gay friendly. I figure there are others out there that will feel the same way. Thanks for joining. How's the separation going, what are you finding to be the roughest part?
0 Kudos
nicole5

Hi Jesse Welcome!!! I'm new here... decided to visit the website after seeing an ad on tv for like the third time. Glad I found the group. I always try to find an "accepting" group when I join any website.. just makes me feel more at ease.

I quit about two weeks before I joined. It's been rough but I'm making it... when I first started it was like one step at a time. and when I'd have a really trying time that I felt I just HAD to have a smoke i'd make myself wait for about 10 minutes... after that time i'd ask myself if i still HAD to have it or if i just wanted it... I've been able to stay smoke free so far but it hasn't been easy...

How are things going for you?
0 Kudos
nicole5

BILL!!! what were you thinkin... LOL i know i know you've heard that plenty i'm sure... Glad you decided to do the right thing for yourself... How's it coming along... stress day is over so now is the time to begin... 🙂 Good luck!!!!
0 Kudos