cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cara-iris

Help! I have this overwhelming urge for just one

Someone wrote to me and said "there is no such thing as 1 and a million is not enough." It's almost 1:00 AM and I just can't give in this time. It's 11 days now and I've smoked since I was 14. So far, I've done well at resisting my urges. It's either a cigarette or a piece of cocunut custard pie or go to sleep. I haven't had coffee or a cigarette and I am feeling deprived at the moment. I know logically, I'm far from deprived. My daughter just returned from a Thialand where she was helping the children at an orphanage. They were so poor that they ate silk worms and roaches and many were HIV +. So, I should be thankful for all I have and my health especially. I am self talking at the moment. Ok good night all. To be continued. Thanks for listening. Cara
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
dana23

Nights seem to be difficult for me as well, I have started clean binges to help me get through it and to stop the binge eating as well. Stay focused ! Right there with you!
lily

Ugh I know that urge and especially just before I go to bed. Try to play the tape all the way through to the end. It will start with one and take off again from there. Speaking just for myself I would eat the pie, brush my teeth and go to sleep. I would rather work on losing some weight down the line than starting up with the cigs again. And if you slip? Today is another day sweetie. It doesn't mean you're a failure. Nicotine as you know is the hardest drug to quit. Don't beat yourself up. Sorry I wasn't up when you had the urge. What the heck is it about craving one before bed? Hard time for lots of us I think. Make sure you're not hungry when you get in bed. That helps me fall asleep faster without thinking of a cig. I don't mean a meal lol, just a snack so your not empty. You're doing great, breathe.
Big Hugs of Encouragement, Jan/Lily
michael23

Cara,

I hope everything went well for you last night, I know how you feel. I started to get really bad cravings today at work. We all know what you are going through, just try to hand in there and if you fell today is a new day. Best of luck to all of us.
nicole5

Hope you made it thru the urge!!! If not don't be too discouraged...you'll make it the next time!!!!
0 Kudos