cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jackie19

My Story

There are a lot of reasons why I quit. I'm only on day 3 here but going strong. My dad recently passed away at the age of 50, leaving my mom at the age of 49 alone. He smoked well over a pack a day, and she STILL smokes. I realized that I could end up like this. I just got married 3 1/2 weeks ago, I do not want my husband to have to go through this. I do not want to leave my life with him any sooner than I have to. I am only 22 years old, I tried my first cigarette at the age of 12, started smoking a few a day at the age of 14, really started smoking around 15-16. I was a pack a day smoker. I also have the beginning stages of cervical cancer. I have battled with this for 3 years and I KNOW that if I stop smoking it will only get better. I finally realized that life is too short. It is NOT worth it. My husband does not smoke, he has been so understanding and amazing. I don't want him to get sick from second hand smoke, how could I ever live with myself? I don't want to die like my dad did and leave him all alone. So, I AM DONE!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
doreen1

Thank you for sharing your story, Jackie. It is sad when we lose a loved one to a preventable illness. I lost both of my parents when they were both 63 (2½ years apart). I pray you are hanging in there with your quit. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Holler if you need me...............
0 Kudos