cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mereejayne2

Meet and Greet

Hello all mentors and beginners!  This is forum where those who are in the earlier stages of the quitting process can share with each other, and provide support.  jonescarp AKA dale is an expert as well as a movtivator.  Here, mentors can provide any advice, thoughts, speeches to us newbies, and the newbies can have a forum to directly as an expert for advice.  

So, let's take a moment to introduce ourselves.  I'll start.

I'm MereeJayne.  My quit date is January 31st.  I am so excited, and also petrified.  I am really scared of the depression...any one have any advice?   

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
sparky18971

I'm Mark A.K.A. Sparky18971-  quit for 7 days so far

0 Kudos
mereejayne2

Awesome.  My quit date is the 31st.  I'm super nervous.  Are you using any nicotine replacement?

0 Kudos
9164bird

My name is Dixie. Today is day 1 for me. Has went good today. Good job Mark. 

0 Kudos
9164bird

Mark how is it going? I'm on day 3 still doing good. Have urge's but after doing the trigger thing it helped me. I am using wellbutrin, have quit on it before. Just have to stay quit this time.

0 Kudos
mereejayne2

Hey Dixie,  My quit date is in 2 days.  How is it going for you?

0 Kudos
macho-momma

hi there! anybody home? I,m goin on 8 days in nonsmokersville (the only game in town) sorry I,m  in vegas & everythings about gamblin lol  how,s it goin anybody wanta  chatter. i,m around

0 Kudos
janiceb

Hey all, my quit date is 2/14. I am 35 and have been smoking for 20 years. I want the freedom from this addiction soooo bad. I am looking forward to being me without cigarettes. I am afraid of failing like times I have in the past. I have a lot of negative stress surrounding my life, I do not want to use this as an excuse not to quit. I want to be healthy. The biggest obstacle I think is getting around the fact that I live with a relative who smokes and it might hurt our relationship at first. I know I am going to go through withdrawals and I hope that I can get past them without breaking down and reaching for a cigarette. I did today I wish I didn't. I want it to work this time around!!!!! Janice

0 Kudos
michelle38

Hello my name is michelle and 2-18-12 will be my first day i would like to join the group and obtain as much help and information as i can..god bless and i wish the rest of u luck 

0 Kudos