cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

donna-b2

welcome

Please introduce yourselves with a brief (or long if you wish) summary of your life, how long you have been smoke free or your quit date

0 Kudos
4 Replies
la2012

Hi Girls!!  Most of you know me by now, but I'm Lisa Angus (like the beef). I smoked for 8 years, started when I was 44 due to some personal trauma with my second husband (and second x husband). My quit date was 21 days ago.  Anyway, I have been married twice.  First husband got addicted to Cocaine, we divorced after 10 years - have one son, who is 26.  My second husband (8 years younger than me) had a very long affair with a co-worker and also is a gambler, we have one daughter together - who is 14.  Now, I am seperated from John - my third husband, who is a very good man, but also had some problems that I tried to fix, but couldn't - so I left him in July 2011.  He lives in Philly (now) and I moved back with my daughter to Atlanta.  - And then started reading codependent no more!!! (per my blog from yesterday).  So, working on myself mentally and now physically and mentally with my QUIT and like all of you, going through the "change" - all the symptoms that y'all have- i have too. So, Donna, was thrilled when I saw this group start. Was wondering if I am crazy from all of this - or this is just the way it is for now.  Looking forward to our discussions. Can you let me know how that works?  Is is a certain day and time? 

0 Kudos
donna-b2

gona try this again.  I have been married 4 times. 

My 1st marriage to John i was 18- lasted a year and gave me one child  elizabeth who is now 32 and has my only grandchild  a beautiful 3 yr old named willow.  they live in tennessee.

my 2nd marriage to mike lasted 5 years.  mike was an alcoholic(on the wagon when i met him) who fell of the wagon when i was pregnant with our second child. left him at two month into my 2nd pregnancy  So i have dylan now 20 and brooke who will be 18 this march.

husband #3 was tony  the love of my life.  tony and i were together when i was in my early 20s for about 4 years.  we had drug and alcohol issues that split us up.  after my divorce from mike, tony reentered my life with his shit together as did i, so we married.  had no children together.  he relapsed into really heavy drug abuse, and we split up but never divorced.

Husband #4  steve who is also an alcoholic. we were together about 5 yrs married one year. divorced him about 1/12 yrs ago.  we are still on again/off again.  not a healthy relationship for me.  when i am with him we both drink to much.  when i am alone i really drink very little.   before i  married steve ( who knows tony well, another story initself -lol)  tony committed suicide.  i was still married to him so that was a very rough time for me.

Mike the father of my children dylan and brooke and i remained good friends and he died of lung cancer 1 year ago last december  another very tough time.

i have had my own substance abuse problems throughout my life that started in highschool  it was the 70s after all.  LOL but true!  i know you all understand what it was like back then.  for the most part never had a true addiction that stuck hard but pretty much have been in and out of it all.  had issues with narcotics for a # of years and alcohol issues as well.  but the funny thing is- is when i leave these men so does my substance abuse shortly after.  have no abuse issues now and did nothing except to work hard to craw out of the holes i put myself into with these men 

really hope this post doesen't dissappear like the last one.

0 Kudos
la2012

Wow, Donna, we do have a lot in common.  You are a survivor.  Proud of you.

0 Kudos
donna-b2

what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger lol

0 Kudos