cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

connie4

Chantix is working

Hi all. My name is Connie and I just joined this site last night. I am in my 5th week of using Chantix and have cut the smoking in half or more. I am also taking Zyban but was originally put on it for spinal problems. It didn't seem to help curb the urge to smoke but has helped with the back pains. Anyway I am amazed how the urge to smoke has lessened since I started the Chantix. I couldn't seem to get down to less than 10 cigs a day but I think this site will help. It gave me some good ideas and the group support will go a long way too. I work 13 hour shifts and can now get by on only 1 cigatette in that time span. Having to go outside helps too. I have enjoyed reading all your discussions and look forward to a long and healthy relationship with you. Thanks for your support in advance. The only side effect I am fighting is bouts of nausea at times but not bad enough to quit the Chantix.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
denverdeb

awesome connie - welcome... I know what you mean - chantix is the first time i have been able to even cut down this much. I notice the nausea only lasts a few minutes. Thats funny - i am on wellbutrin at the same time too! I think this is a good combo. When is your quit date?? I have to say though, I am not sure if its the chantix, wellbutrin or prayer that is keeping me from going nuts with just a few smokes a day so far. I will just keep believing that God can do it; even if I cant
0 Kudos
connie4

I am trying to decide on my quit date but it will be in May. This is the first time in 38 years that I have really tried to quit so you can see how addicted I am. Hope I don't have to try 4 or 5 times. I too am relying on God to get me through this. We are celebrating our 40th wedding annibversary in June and I want to be here for our 50th as well. Thanks for the support and I will remember all of you in my prayers.
0 Kudos