cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

shilohshan

Is Chantix working?

I have been taking Chantix now for almost 2 weeks. I stopped smoking on Sunday, fatehrs day. I have no side affects at all. I her that most people do. Is it working for me? I also still get very strong cravings. I feel likei am doing this cold turkey. Is this right?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ca_

Excellent question...I have felt the same BUT for me I haven't smoked for over 60 days...I have had side affects...nausea...and have skipped a few...OK many days because of it...BUT again I haven't smoked...so what difference does it make...cravings yes...driving in my car is my danger zone and that's get better...for me it was a psychological habit...and habits are hard to break.
Stay focused and good luck
0 Kudos
donna22

Well I'm not sure everyone does have side effects. I personally had some nausea for the first few days then it went away. I quess I still have cravings but they are not horrible ones yet...I think I read on their web site that sometimes it takes longer to really get in you system..maybe you should give the Chantix hotline a call and ask them...then if you do you can let us all know.
Donna
0 Kudos
dk_

Ok, some cravings are normal, but are they consuming your day or now just an irritating thought now and then? Keep with it a few more days and see.
0 Kudos