cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lora2

Cold Turkey

I just quit cold turkey today, threw away anything and everything that has to do with smoking. yes i am going a little crazy, but i hope i can really really do this. I have to stay away from my friends that smoke for awhile, but that's ok.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
lil

Good for you. I am still smoking and thinking that once I finish this pack that this is it. I have had it. hang in there
0 Kudos
Fresher1

I don't know what to do....I'm on day six but I've been using lozenges.  I'm afraid I will have a hard time when I try to go without the lozenges.  I'm afraid I will smoke.  

0 Kudos
gregp136

Fear is what sends most people back to smoking.  Fear that the craving they feel that will last a few minutes will last forever.  Fear that I will never feel normal.  Fear that stopping one thing will start another.

Do not let fear stop your quit.  Face things as they hit you, do not "predict" failure!  You are the God of your quit.  Hang tough!

elvan

Read Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" and think about what good a cigarette would really do when you have a crave.  Would it take away stress, anger, physical pain, depression...the HONEST answer to all of those questions is no.  This is a one day, one event at a time JOURNEY.  It really is NOT an event.  You CAN do this.  I strongly recommend that you stay close to the site, come here and read and read and blog and comment, this is you new best friend.  Also, instead of thinking of it as Cold Turkey, how about reading SkyGirl‌'s blog from some time ago..call it SMART Turkey. A Smart Turkey

Welcome to EX,

Ellen