cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aly2

How could a Music Healer be a smoker? That's one reason why...

Hey all~

Congrats and much love.

Of course all of the obvious reasons are part of why~ health, happiness, finance, ecology, self control... yes yes...

But my REAL reason is that I am a professional singer songwriter and I am starting grad school in a few weeks to become a Music Therapist. Not only have I damaged my ability to sing (yes, tragic, i sang WAAAAY better before I started) but I can't imagine lending my voice to help others heal when I am abusing myself.

SO there it is... and I am on day 11 (well, a little over 10.5 🙂 ) and by the time grad school starts it will be over a month. At last, I am taking control so that I can better serve:)

Thanks for listening and supporting! You are all awesome!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
doreen1

Music Therapist? How awesome is that!?! You've made an awesome decision, Aly - not only to become smoke free, but to bless your community with an art that is proving to be very beneficial to people with all sorts of disabilities and needs. I know how smoking ruins the voice - I used to be a 1st Soprano in my younger years - no more. But, I am smoke free and loving it - just as I know you will continue to be. You are almost at 2 weeks. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing your story.

Photobucket
Photobucket
0 Kudos