cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Saddie2k

Any groups or insight on quiting during a weight loss program?

I have been working with Noom for a month and a half. It's going well and I am making positive changes. Terrified I will ruin it by quitting now but need to in order to improve my movement. Stuck!

Labels (1)
11 Replies
sweetplt

HI and Welcome to Ex’s Saddie2k ... although we say not to worry about dieting when quitting smoking...I think you can if you already watching your weight...so it is time to quit...do the planning, just like losing weight...read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX ... there you will set your quit date and plan your quit to meet your needs (sorta like noom)...then come here and read about addiction/quitting etc., and have your quit tool box ready...then quit...come here for support...You can do this and we are here to help...Colleen 

0 Kudos
Saddie2k

Thank you! I did set my date. I did identify some triggers and how to separate. This morning I did the first one I said I would do. I finished my whole cup of coffee b4 having a cigarette. I usually have one (or two) with it every morning. I waited AND I only had one. This program IS very much like Noom. That may actually be very helpful

sweetplt

You keep working it...I like that you drank your entire cup of coffee before having the cigarette...this is so much of this journey...

Maki

We do have a get moving group on Ex . It just a do what you can do type thing as there are varying ability levels . It is called  Lets get moving 3  . Everyone is welcome . 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Let's Get Moving Part 3‌ is what Maki‌ is talking about.  Saddie2k

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Gail561

Welcome to Ex don't use smoking as a crutch for weight loss. Use the guidance that NOOM is giving you and watch your portion sizes and they say to drink 8 glasses of water. I lost weight while not smoking but other circumstances that I stopped weighing my portions and COVID I let things slide a bit. I know plenty of people who lost weight that don't smoke. Use what's in your gut and make the right food choices will definitely make the difference. Good luck on the weight loss and don't give smoking a 2nd thought.

Saddie2k

Gail561‌ Will do! I learned a lot from Noom in the almost 2 months on it. I bought sugar free mints to help when cravings get really bad and will integrate the same thought distortion process for this. I have quit b4 (14 yrs ago) and can do it again. I stayed smoke free for 5 years. Stress will be my main issue and was my breaking point that got me smoking again. Working on dealing with that!

0 Kudos
Gail561

Agreed stress plays and important factor in staying smoke free and weight loss. For me there is too much temptation at home. When you have the right support system everything falls into place.

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS losing weight and becoming a non smoker