cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

Day 9 smoke free

Day 9 and I still feel crappy one minute I'm good and the next I'm crappy when will it end

15 Replies
YoungAtHeart

It really depends on your use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy, how well you have changed up your routines, stayed busy to get past a crave and exercised to get some dopamine missing by stopping nicotine use.

If you are not using an NRT, your body is adjusting to life without nicotine, impacting your mood.  It should start getting a bit better soon, and the physically caused swings should be over after about a month.

The first weeks of a quit suck; they just do - but the only way out is through.   Can't tell you exactly when, but it WILL get better - I promise.

Hang in there until it does.

Ready2021

I'm hanging in there I use the lozenges but basically I'm cold turkey for some reason today I have stinking thoughts all I can say is lord help me but I am smoke free

Good for you! I used to say that too! “Lord, help me!” He must have because a day after tomorrow is my four months smoke free! I know I couldn’t have gotten here myself. You hang in there. I promise it gets easier!

elvan

I so wish we could answer that, it is different for everyone, YoungAtHeart‌ is right, the beginning SUCKS. It DOES get better or there would not be so many successful quits. Drink lots of water, play computer games, turn on your favorite music & sing & dance, it will lift your mood & might even make you laugh. (I looked in the mirror & it was hilarious). Laughing is really good for recovery. You are on an emotional roller coaster, we have all been there. It WILL get better, in the meantime, allow yourself to feel the feelings! 
Ellen

indingrl

Congrsts 9 DOF

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Tomorrow you will reach double digits...you are doing super...unfortunately, you are still early in the quit...and it takes time to feel good in your quit smoking skin...you smoked along time...so it takes time to feel good...I am over 2 years quit and I can tell you I barely ever think about smoking...in fact, if someone is smoking around me...I don’t even think about me ever smoking...it takes time to come to this point ...~ Colleen 820 DOF 

Ready2021

Yay I'm there i am a 10 digit kind of  a woman  10 days any body know where I can get a cheap treadmill lol

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Ready2021      Have you looked on Craig's List or does your hometown have a "garage sale" site?  I live in a village in a Baltimore suburb and we have several "yard sale" sites.  Or - if you have any open and feel safe doing so, you could even join a gym with the money you are saving by not buying nicotine products!

Don't know where you live, but the weather here is getting nice enough to walk outside, too.  I am sure your puppy wouldn't mind some extra walks!  Even marching in place, doing a set of sit/stands, a few sets of stairs, and jumping jack motions  work, too  (and are all FREE!)..

Exercise will improve your mood by giving you a hit of the dopamine you are missing - good idea!

elvan

Countin' down to DOUBLE DIGITS, so proud of you!

Ellen