Headaches

How long does these headaches last omg on top of that can't sleep and anxiety

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RoseH

Click on the link below to learn the effects of quitting smoking on our bodies:

Effects of Quitting Smoking on the Body 

Mestas

This link told me a lot. Now I know why my hands are tingling and my feet hurt more than they usually do and my head is about to explode and I can't sleep. 

Ready2021

I feel you I'm where you are 

RoseH

There are some great “natural” and “drug free” choices to help sleep and anxiety...  I am on these from Amazon, when I need them:

by...  Natural Vitality called “Calm"

by...Nested called “Luna"

Ready2021

i have calm so stress i FORGOT i HAD IT 

sweetplt

Ready2021 Everyone is different...you have to work on each effect of quitting smoking...headache, take some Tylenol and/or close your eyes and put an ice bag on your head...anxiety, do breathing exercises, meditation, pray, etc., sleeplessness find things to do to help with sleep, chamomile tea, read a book, etc., “one thing at a time”...wishing you a Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 813 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

You are very early in your quit, and your body is adjusting to life without the drug.  Just as everyone is different, so is every quit timeline.  Just take it a day at a time.  Be kind to yourself in these early days; TLC is called for. 

Nap if you can for the insomnia - at night be sure your room is cool and dark, turn off electronics at least two hours before bed, and maybe no caffeine (including chocolate) after mid-afternoon when you first quit (caffeine has a greater effect on you when you quit).  Melatonin is available OTC or you create it by warming a bit of milk at bedtime.  If you can take Benadryl, try that.  If you awaken in the middle of the night, try thinking of girls'/boys' names for each letter of the alphabet, or cities and states for each letter.  Don't just lie in bed and worry about not sleeping. Get up after about 30 minutes and work on a crossword, or read.

Take Tylenol or Advil for the headache..

This all WILL pass.  Hang in there until it does!

Ready2021

Yes I'm taking advil and thank you

indingrl

MY headache lasted THREE days it was like a vice grip on MY head - I can totally relate