cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Positive ....

.... that word has so many different meanings but in our world today it can be a scary word.  Well for me it is.  An employee of mine went out to dinner with a group of people, one of them not knowing she had the virus, and my employee got it.  We all immediately closed the shop for the day and got tested.  Another employee tested Positive as well.

I donated blood last Saturday and I am positive as well.  I have received both vaccines so I'm hoping my case is going to be mild but, it's frightening.  Asking for thoughts and prayers.

27 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

It is sad we have to daily deal with friends and family contacting such a deadly disease. I am sorry that you have to go through this dilemma. I believe you will be fine. I am curious of how got the virus if you had the vaccine. Maybe I am misunderstanding how the vaccine works. I pray that your recovery goes smoothly.  It is an EXtra bonus that you no longer smoke. Keep us posted. 

Ralph1955

Even with the vaccine you can become infected and spread it.  The vaccine helps you fight it and lessens the chances of you getting very sick.  You still have to follow All the protocols even with the vaccine 

JACKIE1-25-15

Yes, I asked and was informed.  Thanks. 

YoungAtHeart

It seems to me (and this is jmho!) that you might test positive BECAUSE you got the vaccine?  The test looks for the antibodies for its results, no?  You would still need to quarantine because you might get an additional a-symptomatic infection - no?

Just some random thoughts - maybe to make you feel better???!!

Hope all involved resolve without serious infections.

Good thing you aren't smoking over it!

Ralph1955

I was told so many different things that I don’t know what to think 

YoungAtHeart

I don't think they really KNOW!  So much is novel about this virus that the research has just not caught up.  I was just applying common sense - not knowing for sure whether it is correct or not, either!

Hope you and your staff remain WELL!

Stay in touch!

Nancy

Barbscloud

There are several variables to consider.  It takes a few days to a few weeks for the vaccine to take effect.  And it isn't 100%.  Sorry this spread through the shop.  They been saying salons are pretty safe compared to other businesses.  Hope everyone is doing ok.

Barb

Ralph1955

Actually it didn’t come from inside my salon.  The woman who has it dismissed her symptoms and socialized with her friends and family.  People Need to be more proactive instead of foolish 

Giulia

Sorry, Ralph.  Here's hoping for the mildest of reactions.  With two doses of the vaccine, it should alleviate your mind somewhat.  Prayers up.