cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrazyQuitter

Change in Diet

It is amazing how a change in diet can really change your mood and give you more of a positive way of thinking.

I used to be an omnivore and often would get into a deep depression. But for months I was interested in learning how to make vegetarian dishes. I am on a keto Vegetarian program at the moment and I haven't looked back. The food is amazing and I emotionally feel better for it. I am also loosing weight and my overall well being has improved. I want to learn how to do more Keto vegetarian recipes. Do you all know any? I need some inspiration after my program has finished. I am even considering going pescatarian in the future.

Tags (1)
3 Replies
kathy603

Hi, I'm kathy603, I quit for 9 and a half wks. a little over a year ago, then COVID hit and thought I'd only go back for less than a pack, was not to be. Mark has me posted as a person who has one year of quitting success and felt embarrassed

to correct him. Truth is, did quit many four times betw. 1/2020 and now but ea. for less than 3 wks. Have been told every quit is a step forward. Now, Feb. 7th, 2021, am serious & it feels right. Saw your ideas ~ a new diet & I think my success 

may lie in this area. Eat a lot of sugar(like candy) & seem to lose appetite for fruits & veggies. Pl. help w/ any other diet/beverage tips that you may have. Will post a photo/etc. in next wk. or so. Congrats. on your success.   Kathy

CrazyQuitter

Do some google research on this. There are alot more helpful websites. You can even google 
"list of weightloss foods" or "list of keto foods" or "keto recipes" . I have a list on keto foods on my fridge to positive influence and inspire myself when I can't follow the program to a T. I have also made a few cheat days that are not apart of the programs. But are ok in moderation. I sometiems go off keto to grab a subway, which his far better switch than pizza. Let me know how your diet change affects your quit smoking journey. I have been smoke free 9 years and never changed my diet during my quit so I am curious how you guys would feel. I hope it has a positive influence on keeping you smoke free.

0 Kudos
SaraCatkins

I'm vegan and have been for over a decade. I was vegetarian for 7 or 8 years before that. I was eating a lot of junk and sodas while smoking though. I'm now back to trying to eat mostly healthy foods. I definitely find eating healthier helps reduce cravings for me to smoke!