cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Suzinut

Gonna be a hard weekend

My daughter and boyfriend went to my daughters softball tournament this weekend.  I am home with the pets...this is when i really reallly really enjoyed smoking..Home alone and can go sit outside and enjoy the freash air...i am itching to go get cigarettes....its been 7 days without one...i cant go backwards...i have to make sure i do not go buy a pack...HELP??11

0 Kudos
19 Replies
RoseH

Take shower and then walk the pets if you can...  Next week will be better...

If you smoke just one cigarette you will be back again at Square one...  Ask others who have caved...

This is a new situation again and you will have some in the beginning.  You will be so proud of yourself if you can stay smoke free...

You own your own quit, Susan...  I can only help so far...  Remember those nodules!  Be strong!  Win!  R

Suzinut

Hey Rose!  Didnt know you were still around until later!  Omg...today is tough...yes.  the nodules are keeping me from buying...and also my daughter...i need to be here for her and she is so proud of me.  I wont smoke..i wont smoke...i wont smoke....i will do this....one step at a time!

YoungAtHeart

So - what will you do INSTEAD?  Make a plan; get busy!

YoungAtHeart

STOP that train of thought in its tracks.  You can STILL get outside and enjoy the fresh air, but maybe go to the park and go for a hike, or even take a stroll through through your neighborhood, or sit in a place outside different from where you smoked and listen to the birdsong and look at the clouds.  Or maybe wash your car, or think about Halloween decorations, or.........  just get your mind on something, anything else1  Write down all the reasons you wanted to quit.  Think about what you might do with the money you are saving by not buying them.

Don't let those thoughts rattle around in your head unchallenged.  Get busy! 

You are finished H#ll Week!  Backwards is NOT allowed!

Did I mention you need to get busy thinking about something else?  This takes effort in the early days.  DO it!

RoseH

Yes you can.jpg

Barbara145

When the thought comes up say out loud. "  I don't do that anymore."  Keep doing that.  It is pretty amazing how much that helps.  Congrats on one week.  You are doing great.  Enjoy your day.

Suzinut

Thank you all!  I just made plans to have lunch with my cousin...eating is always good!  And i am straightening up the house...NOT ONE PUFF EVER....its hard but i will win!

Maki

Keep you and your pup smoke free. You both will appreciate it and your family too . You don't smoke anymore and neither does pup . You are both worth it ... do something different , do something better , Turn some music on on line and dance , moving is distracting the thoughts .. they will pass . Hang in there . 

Barbscloud

Hang in there.  You got this.  You can still take a walk also--is such a good diversion.

Barb