cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Suzinut

Gonna be a hard weekend

My daughter and boyfriend went to my daughters softball tournament this weekend.  I am home with the pets...this is when i really reallly really enjoyed smoking..Home alone and can go sit outside and enjoy the freash air...i am itching to go get cigarettes....its been 7 days without one...i cant go backwards...i have to make sure i do not go buy a pack...HELP??11

0 Kudos
19 Replies
sweetplt

You made a plan...now follow through ... and when you get back from lunch ... go take a walk, (changing up routine from smoking after a meal), then clean something, etc., YOU can do this...you got some great advice above me...sending out good non smoking vibes your way...~ Colleen 677 DOF 

maryfreecig

Busting craves is hard work. But every crave you bust teaches you something about yourself--how to cope, how to really cope. Did I mention, cope? Yes you can, and you are. Way to go!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Read some blogs, that always helped me. You can forget about the urge. Listen to some music and dance. Sing enjoy life. It is much better without smoking. Keep Going.  Don't look back.  7 days is amazing.  Pat yourself on the back.  Buy yourself a treat with some of the money you have saved.  You are in this to win this. 

Suzinut

All of you are awesome!  Thanks for being there to help me!  Your support is helping me get through this day!

RoseH

Well Done.jpg

0 Kudos
Suzinut

You get up as early as I do!  Yes!  I made it through yesterday.  My fam will be coming home today so that is good.  I know with my daughter around I wont have one.  She is so proud of my efforts and I know I wont even think about having one!  

Its such a weird feeling.  I know how bad it is for you.  I know all the side effects, but in my mind I am bargaining with myself saying "if nodules get smaller or go away, maybe I could smoke again".....what a SICK thought!  Why would I want to do that?  I know NOT ONE PUFF EVER.  And I will stick to that even when these stupid sick addictive thoughts come to my mind.

0 Kudos
RoseH

It’s called “addiction” Suzinut‌...

It took me decades to truly understand that!

I hope you “get it” sooner than I did...  I’ve got COPD now and have to suck on two inhalers every day to keep my lungs clear...

I don’t want that for you, my friend!  R

0 Kudos
RoseH

I promise it will get easier...  but the key is Abstinence!

0 Kudos
Suzinut

Thank you, @RoseH ....I know it is the addiction talking to me.  I am not going to listen to it.  It will be a fleeting thought.  Not going to pay it any mind!

0 Kudos
RoseH

Good!  And you are welcome!  I want to help you and see you succeed!  It helps me too!