cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

NicMensinga

Weight gain...

Hello everyone!

I'm currently 9 weeks smoke-free and doing really well. I have put on about 3kg which I know is nothing but it's still annoying when I exercise daily & eat super healthy. Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks in advance  xx

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gai.C

It's normal to gain weight.  Is that 3 lbs. ?

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Yes it is normal to gain a little weight from the metabolism slowing down...it has been an ongoing conversation on this site...You might want to research on reading the blogs...I gained about 6 pounds in all over 1 year...and finally upped my activity and cut a lot of sugar and I am slowly losing the gained weight...be careful what you are eating and your chooses...but right now your quit is your priority....Congratulations on 9 weeks of Freedom...that is super...~ Colleen 462 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

The word is that you need to eat 200 less calories a day when you quit to maintain your pre-quit weight - but this early is NOT the time to worry about it!  It takes awhile for your metabolism to level out after the nicotine removal.  You will have more time (and energy) to work on those extra pounds when you reach the end of your quit journey.  If you find you are snacking more, try to sub maybe a few frozen grapes or celery/carrot sticks in between the better stuff.

It'll be fine!

Congrats on NINE weeks!

elvan

That really is a very small amount of weight.  You may be exercising and building muscle...muscle weighs more than fat but it takes up less space.  Seriously, it is too early in your quit to worry about 6.6 lbs.

You are doing GREAT!

Ellen

0 Kudos