cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

So Sorry...

Wow I am so sorry for being away for so long. Seems after my father passed in September it’s been one thing after another and time just slipped away from me. My mom now has stage 4 dementia which kicked into high gear when dad died. She’s grieving all over again and has been isolating herself from everyone. It’s difficult for her to communicate . Last week mom lost her sister but we didn’t tell her as that would be hard for her to handle. 
My business is in overdrive and just crazy busy which helps me deal with everything that’s going on. No complaints there. Life is good among the chaos. 
Still celebrating my quit and feeling amazing. I have my 39th year anniversary with my partner coming up soon and another birthday; turning 65 in March .  Next week I go see Diana Ross in concert and that will be amazing as always
Hope you’re all doing great; miss you all and happy to reconnect. 
Hugs

Ralph 

24 Replies
Barbara145

Hi Ralph.  Sorry about all your losses.  Sounds like you are managing it all.  Managing life without cigarettes is a gift. Take good care of yourself. 

RachelMB

Always great to see you Ralph.  No need to apologize my friend. The light is always on here. . I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  Glad to hear that you have good things going on too. Enjoy the concert.  It should be amazing! 

Rachel 

Sootie

Sincere sympathies on the loss of your Dad. Prayers for love and strength for your Mom......dementia is so very difficult ( why must the last part of life be so hard?)

Enjoy Diana-----I saw her YEARS ago in NYC....still remember every moment of it.

YoungAtHeart

PHEW!  A lot of "I'm sorry" returns are NOT because folks have been away.  SO glad you are only sorry that life has gotten in the way of your participation here.

I send my sympathy again on the loss of your father, on your mother's struggle.  I send congratulations on your anniversary AND your smobriety.

On a scale, I think this might just tip to the positive side!

Good to see you!

Nancy

Giulia

Wow, dealing with a lot of life happening.  Oh God, your mom grieving all over again for your dad... that's heart hurting.  Hurts my heart just to hear it.  I'm sorry for that.  But I hope that Diana Ross concert perks it all out.  I bet it will be amazing.  "Life is good among the chaos."  More power to you, Ralph.  Good thoughts, strength to you and a prayer going up.

Barbscloud

Always good to hear from you.   There's always happy and sad in our lives.   I took care of several elderly relatives so I know it can be difficult, but it was an honor to be there for them when they needed someone to help with their care.   Congratulations on your anniversary, happy birthday and enjoy your concert.   Keep celebrating that quit!

Barb

elvan

So good to hear from you, Ralph.  It sounds like you have certainly been challenged but like you are taking really good care of yourself and your quit.  I am so sorry about your mother's dementia, that is really hard. Seeing Diana Ross sounds absolutely amazing and 39 years with your partner certainly deserves to be celebrated along with that 65th birthday.  Good for you.

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Good to hear from you. Life has it's ups and downs.  Just keep on living and NOPE not matter what. Stay close. 

sweetplt

Good to see you Ralph Ralph1955 so sorry about your mom...my dad has Alzheimer’s .. so I get it...and feel for you, her and the family.  Enjoy the concert...the sky’s the limit when we quit smoking....Happy Friday ~ Colleen 452 DOF