cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

So Sorry...

Wow I am so sorry for being away for so long. Seems after my father passed in September it’s been one thing after another and time just slipped away from me. My mom now has stage 4 dementia which kicked into high gear when dad died. She’s grieving all over again and has been isolating herself from everyone. It’s difficult for her to communicate . Last week mom lost her sister but we didn’t tell her as that would be hard for her to handle. 
My business is in overdrive and just crazy busy which helps me deal with everything that’s going on. No complaints there. Life is good among the chaos. 
Still celebrating my quit and feeling amazing. I have my 39th year anniversary with my partner coming up soon and another birthday; turning 65 in March .  Next week I go see Diana Ross in concert and that will be amazing as always
Hope you’re all doing great; miss you all and happy to reconnect. 
Hugs

Ralph 

24 Replies
Christine13

Ralph - so sorry to hear about your Mom's Alzeheimers.  It must be so tough to take care of her, but in spite of everything you are.  AND you are keeping quit as well!  We will be patiently waiting for you to come back yet again, to post about you and your life without the cigs.  Many congrats to you and your partner of 39 years, Brian and I had 43.  Oh yeah, I can't forget, Happy Birthday to you!  Mine is next week, and I will also be 65 years old.

MarilynH

I'm so sorry Ralph for all that you're going through huge caring hug coming your way BUT I'm so happy that you reconnected with us and even more happy that you are living a life of Freedom YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON, Happy early anniversary and an early Happy birthday too.  Ralph1955

Ralph1955

You are all the best and I am happy to hear from you all. 
This weekend I’m going camping and finally having my quiet time to reflect on my dad, my moms situation and celebrating the love I have in my life. Long overdue for sure. 
I’ll let you all know how Diana Ross’ concert is; of course she will be Supreme as usual.

Hugs

Ralph

SuzyQ411

Well, she'll just HAVE to be SUPREME, eh? 

We've never met as I am a newbie on the Ex, but your story and yoru long. continued quit is remarkable,

In the midst of all of this, continue caring for yourself as well~ 

Ralph1955

Nice to meet you Suzy.  Hope to see more of you on here

Mandolinrain

So sorry about your losses. We just went through one ourselves.

On a happy note, we also saw Diana out in Vegas years ago. Fabulous show! Enjoy and so good to see you

Kdot1st

Hi Ralph 

Nice to meet you. I'm a newbie that had 4 days then slipped so back to Day 1 today. 

So sorry to hear about your losses. I lost my dad in 2000 & I still miss him. Losing my son last summer has been harder to live with.

I can only imagine how hard having a mom with dementia is. I'm so sorry

Loss of a loved one is always hard & glad you came back to a loving & supportive community like this. 

Good you can stay busy too. I bet that helps. 

I just read your post & my heart goes out to you. 

Karen

Ralph1955

Good to meet you as well.  I'm sorry for you loss as well.  I can't imagine your pain from losing a son   Lifes journey can be sad at times but, like it or not we must continue on the journey and build strength along the way. Not easy.

Ralph1955

I slipped back many times but never give up. I smoked for 50 years, started when I was 14, and each quit failure gave me strength to try again until I conquered the demon. July will be 2 years and I am feeling amazing. You can do it.

SuzyQ411

You give me encouragement Ralph1955‌ that even I can make it to the finish line. Congrats on your sustained quit of almost 2 years!!congratulations star.jpg