cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

alissastump

Rough day

Today was pretty rough for me.  Actually it was another nightmare day.  Too many personal family issues going in.  No matter what I try to do to avoid it,  I can’t escape it.  I was so stressed and so close to giving in at one point. 

I came here and just started to read.  It really helped,  and I am proud to say that I have stuck to my guns.  

All of you fellow newbies out there,  please don’t be afraid to post what you are going through,  to the ones that have posted over the last two days,  thank you.  It helps to know someone else feels the same.  I do feel like I have lost part of myself and I do cry.  But I  only human.

And to the elders,  you all have posted exactly what I needed when I needed it.  Like you are mind readers or something.  thank you all.  Please keep me in your prayers.

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Sootie

You've "lost" a main part of your usual routine...your usual life. But not a GOOD part....a BAD part.

It takes TIME but you will develop a new routine...a new LIFE without smoking and I promise it will be great! 

Stay Strong.

elvan

We all want to help in any way that we can, please remember that life is filled with good days & bad days, smoking does not fix or help with anything. You are adjusting, be patient with yourself.

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

Do also keep in mind that you had rough days when you smoked - only be PROUD that you faced them this time without smoking.

Cool, huh?

alissastump

I keep coming back to read your comment.  For some reason this really hit home with me.   Yes it's cool,  very cool! 

sweetplt

Each time you face a rough and stressful time with out smoking, you get stronger and Nico get weaker.  Also, you start facing “life on her terms” without smoking through it...I hope whatever is going on, gets better but remember that YOU and YOUR Quit are Number one....You got this....Happy Monday ~ Colleen 448 DOF 

AnnetteMM

When it comes to family drama/stress stuff, I find that the ideas of Al Anon are most helpful.  

Image result for al anon quotes can't control it                                       tumblr_n1osw6IvPA1qmnpm4o1_250.jpg

Barbscloud

Every time you confront the rough day and are successful, you've leaned new behaviors and build confidence.  One day at a time will take you a long way.  Keep moving forward.

Barb

All the above are great suggestions.

I would also add going to the elders sites and clicking on their content.

Read their old blogs.

We have been there where you are.

See if you can find something that you haven't thought of to ward off those craves.

Find ways to squash those "stinkin' thoughts" as some of our folks call them.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

The journey of a million miles begins with one step and continues that way.

We are all on that journey.

One step, and then another, will get you top where you want to be.

Larry

maryfreecig

You won! You did what you needed to stay smober...congratulations. Keep it coming.