cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Erica3722

Rough Day

Today is day 5 and IT IS A ROUGH ONE! I haven't cheated even though I can practically taste them. I'm also pretty down about it. I have been feeling great all week but today I woke up feeling down and cranky and wanted to smoke so so so bad. I keep telling myself it's a bad day it will only get better. But holie molie today is bad. Thanks for listening to me whine. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Maki

Hi @Erica3722 . I'm so sorry no one has yet to respond to your post . I'm sorry you had a tough day . Many of us remember that gut wrenching crave day . For me it was day three .  I hope you can get back to me /us here and let us know how it's going now . Were you able to hang on and did posting help even though it was not replied to ? I hope you were able to hang on and distract yourself or delay it until you felt more in control of the situation . It does pass if we don't feed it ,but I do understand how hard that is to wait until it does . It is however the way through to easier days ahead . 

Dont give up on us . Keep posting . You did the right thing coming to write in your journal , or posting asking for support . 

IMG_6099.JPG

Erica3722

Good morning @Maki thank you so much for your caring words they meant a lot. I managed to hang in there! I am still smoke-free!! Today is a lot better. 

Kimshine

@Erica3722 Congratulations on 5 days, 6 days now! This is a difficult journey! I was extremely emotional in the beginning of my quit. A lot of folks are. I cried and blubbered like a baby. I was sad.

Keep up Your commitment no matter how uncomfortable you get. It does get better but you must go through the process to get to that time. I am 90 days in and I still have some of those days but not as many. Come to post and to get advice and support from the community.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Erica3722 Congrats on 6 days of success.   Glad you came here to "whine'.  We've been there, so we're here to listen.   Quitting can be an emotional rollercoaster, especially early on.  Stick to your plan and use your tools.  If you can go for short walks to distract and refocus your thoughts.   Deep breathing is a great way to relax also.  This to shall pass.

Barbscloud_0-1645883086918.png

Barb

Erica3722

@Kimshine congrats on your 90 days!!! I definitely am sad but today is better than yesterday! Thats progress! Thank you for taking the time and reaching out to me. It really meant alot. I needed it!

Kimshine

Erica, I'm glad that today feels good! I'm happy to support you, I need support myself. Helping others helps me. 

It's a bit of a rollercoaster ride for a while, but it really does get better. Wishing you the best!

Erica3722

@Barbscloud Thank you so much. That table has a bunch of great tips!

Snowdoggie

@Erica3722 welcome to Ex. I just saw your post. Most of us post in the blogs/journals area and are more used to going there instead of this support area. The 1st week is called hell week and is challenging. I'm glad you got past your craves. I wish you the best in your quit journey!!😃❤️🐕🌋

0 Kudos
TheodoraJones

Hey Erica!

Dude, I hear you. Sadly it seems like these days will pop up a lot…like for months. Which is overwhelming and hard to comprehend. I wish the cravings would disappear, and maybe they do, but holy crap. I wish I had advice but I’m just starting out too, but I wanted you to know there are people here with you. 

0 Kudos