cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RevTerrie

I messed up BAD!! 😭

Today would've been five months for me, but last week I was so stressed out because of everything and by the weekend I was ready to smoke a cigarette. Every interview I've had hasn't worked out and I'm so frustrated with my situation and not having a car or income. My dad had already started smoking again after a short time of quitting and I have been so glad that I have been able to stick with my quit through everything. I had my mom get me a pack of cigarettes yesterday and I've been smoking. I feel like a failure and I have to do it all over again. I know if I would've kept coming here everyday I wouldn't have done it. This is what helped me most. Now I have to pick another quit date and do it better this time. I don't want to be a smoker anymore! I had an interview yesterday that I think I have the best chance at getting and I got a sign recently that I know came from Pap telling me that good things were coming and I still screwed up so bad. I love you guys and you've helped me so much and I know that you'll help me again. 

22 Replies
Cousin-Itt

RevTerrie‌   First of all you are only a failure when you give up on quitting.  What stood out in your post the most was you knew what to do  "I know if I would've kept coming here everyday I wouldn't have done it. This is what helped me most".  You made a concious choice so instead of coming here to post you listened to the addict talking to you. Now don't take it to heart as you are not the first to listen to your addct voice.  Instead of listening to the lies of addict voice of Smoking relieves stress, as it doesn't.  Smoking won't help you get a job and spending money on cigarettes definetly won't help you get a car.  As far as your dad Yes it would be great if your dad would quit but he has nothing to do with your quit. 

Pick a quit day soon, Make a list of why you quit and a list of things you can do to remain quit. Carry it with you and everytime you hear your addict voice lie to you read that list and do the right thing

You can do this

Carl 

YoungAtHeart

Don't look back - you aren't going that way!  You might write down how you are feeling right now - what you thought when you caved and what it ACTUALLY did for you so you have it to look at the next time life gets to you during your next quit.  Have  a plan what you will do differently in the same circumstance THIS time - you can come here and blog "HELP" , or call a friend, or take slow/deep breaths, or go for a walk, or take a shower or a bath, or march in place or..............those things might help you get the situation in perspective.  You know smoking won't.................

So don't do it!

MarilynH

Deep breaths and pick your new quit date and when it arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for DAY WON with many more to come stay close because we're all here to help you in any way we can you can do this quit believe it......

Barbscloud

Pick yourself up and start again.  Not trying is giving up.   You've learned a lot in 5 months that will help you be successful.  Don't wait long--pick a new date soon.   And, yes, stay close this time.  It made such a difference for me early in my quit.  You can do this!

Barb

Barbara145

The only way to have a forever quit is to promise yourself you will not smoke again, no matter what.  Then honor that promise to yourself.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

RevTerrie‌ Sorry I didn't see this post today when I posted the celebrations.  Please pick a new quit date and get it sync'd (How do I get my quit date to show on the community?‌) will give you the directions.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

duster.jpg   Sorry.  "I know if I would've kept coming here everyday I wouldn't have done it.

Yup.  Probably true.  So jump right back into that saddle and stick close this time.  Don't wait too long to set that quit date.  Days easily turn into years.  Been there, done that.  Every day you smoke, you're reinforcing the thing you don't want to do.  Ya know?

indingrl

Congrats on NEW quit date - no worries - I smoked again and again abd I quit time and time again - YOUR not alone RevTerrie and lesson learned - GOOD JOB - finding YOUR OWN solutions and WAY TO GO coming back and healing inside of YOU and blogging YOUR personal learning growing and moving forward

sweetplt

Sorry that you are smoking again...move on...and start over...keep close to hear this time and before you light up, give us a chance to talk you out of it...You got this...~ Colleen 436 DOF