cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

manofsteele

Quit Smoking January 08 and Want a Quit Buddy?

Quit Smoking January 08 and Want a Quit Buddy?

Someone That Can Relate to You and Your Quit !

Am I talking to you? Then Reply and Tell Us Something About You!

Please Also Take Advantage of Our Additional Support Areas !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Pledge - Quit Party Central - Relapse Traps - Game Room
Quit Reasons - Thanks and Praise - Tough Luv - Words of Wisdom ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Reading - http://www.tobacco-facts.info/
For a Free Quit Keeper - http://dedicateddesigns.com/qk/

YOU CAN DO IT ... we can help .....just ask !
If you are not letting a group congratulate and luv on you for Super Anniversaries... Run Don't Walk to the Quit Party Central Area Where We Luv to Party !
Make it a Super Successful Day !
Ray
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
manofsteele

Dina Haines Jan 08 quit date looking for Quit Buddy -

I quit about 16 weeks ago. In the begining it was easy for me. I felt like I was proving to everyone I could do it. There was wind in my sails and steam in my engine. After 16 weeks however, the novelty has kinda worn off. Its no longer "news", and even though I was quitting for me it was easier when people made notice of it and it was topic of discussion.

Also its a strange feeling because I kinda feel like, "what now?" What do I do now when I used to be having that cigarette. Like after a huge meal? Or driving in the car? Or after the first drink at the bar? Or after sex? There were so many specific times that a cigarette was appropriate, that now often I feel kind of lost. I dont know what to do.

Anyone else feel this way?
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Dina ............

I am with ya !

Thats why I thought we needed to get a program where you cold relate to others after a certain time...

I was very much like you .... I smoked over 2 packs a day.... so after almost everything I did included a cigarette.

I tried replacing that with ....(hope my dentist is watching) ..... brushing my teeth (have multiple flavors available) or I bought a massager and after a smoke free day I would give my self a smoke free day award and pamper myself ....yep .....big manly man ....... but find something you can reward yourself with that does not have calories .....lol

My first ways to celebrate was with specialty foods I loved. butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ....lol on came the lbs.... so I tried to compromise and maybe just do the food reward once a week.

Think about some of the money you are now saving without smoking .....find something special for you and daily , weekly or monthly do something special and tell yourself how proud you are of yourself.

Couple other tips - Sign up and post your anniversary dates at the Quit Party Central so we can luv on you there. Check out the Relapse Traps group so you can be more prepared from your demons still ahead of your journey. I highly suggest you join and pledge daily. This helps so much and will help you through those boring times. Take up a hobby or start reading. I have never been one that reads much daily but I am doing much more now.

Hope that helps a little and we will try to let others now that you are looking for a january 08 Quit Buddy !

Ray
0 Kudos