cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

manofsteele

I am Smoke Free In June. I Am looking For A June Quit Buddy For Me !!

Quit Smoking June 08 and Want a Quit Buddy?

Someone That Can Relate to You and Your Quit !

Am I talking to you? Then Reply and Tell Us Something About You!

Please Also Take Advantage of Our Additional Support Areas !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Pledge - Quit Party Central - Relapse Traps - Game Room
Quit Reasons - Thanks and Praise - Tough Luv - Words of Wisdom ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Reading - http://www.tobacco-facts.info/
For a Free Quit Keeper - http://dedicateddesigns.com/qk/

YOU CAN DO IT ... we can help .....just ask !
If you are not letting a group congratulate and luv on you for Super Anniversaries... Run Don't Walk to the Quit Party Central Area Where We Luv to Party !
Make it a Super Successful Smoke Free Day and We Want to See You In Our Daily Pledge !
Ray
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
kalaine

I would love to have a quit buddy. I'm 40 and have smoked for a very long time. I've chosen June 13th as my date and I really need to find success. My major obstacle is fear - do I exist without smoking? I keep trying to remember back to the time before I smoked - like what did I do? I certainly didn't miss smoking then so why can't I get my mind around being a nonsmoker? I would love to buddy up with someone who can relate to that notion.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

lol.... that is my Birthday June 13 ....

Please read my quit story on my page. I smoked since I was 10 and I am older than you ....

Want to know a secret ? 04/04/04 is now one of the best days in my life. I have been Smoke Free since then and I am the happiest I have ever been. This does not mean I do not have any problems. It means I love myself more each day that I am not poisoning myself with cancer sticks.

We have some groups here on EX to change your attitude and make this a time when you can succeed.

Try us ..you might like us! Let me know how we can help....deal?
0 Kudos
rob17

Hi Kalaine,

I'm one of at least three people (You, me and Stacy) I've seen that plan to quit on June 1. We should form a mini support network. Are you quitting cold turkey, or with some sort of NRT/Zyban/Chantix, etc?

Cheers,
Rob
0 Kudos
melissa9

Hey yall I have been quit for 1 Week, 16 hours, 34 minutes and 40 seconds (7 days). I have saved $57.67 by not smoking 230 cigarettes. I have saved 19 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/22/2008 8:00 PM. I will be here to offer support to any of you that need it. I have had a great support buddy. True some people would not be able to handle is tough love but believe me it has helped me. Infact today for some reason I don't know why. I really started thinking about cigs. I wanted one so bad. I said a little prayer got on my page on here saw the sign " NO EXCUSES" and thought of my supporter. It seemed like all the tough love he has given me came rushing back and I laughed and picked up a cinnamon piece of candy. Didnt want a cig anymore. June is the month for great things. I was born June 9. LOL!
0 Kudos
stace

I agree...we should stick together on this one!!
0 Kudos
kalaine

I am taking buproprioin (sp) - did I read that you are on chantix?

It would be great if we could form a little network. I have quit early and feel pretty good about it. Do you have a plan?

Kalaine
0 Kudos
rob17

Yes, I'm taking Chantix and have been for a while now. I was smoke free for a couple of weeks before relapsing. I'm down to about 1/2 pack as of yesterday and my quit date is tonight whenever I go to bed. I think we should swap email addresses (Me, you, Stacy and whoever else wants to join us). I will send you and Stacy an email from the account I read most often.

Cheers,
Rob
0 Kudos
stace

I'm planning on quitting tonight as well. My first day smoke free will be tomorrow. I've got to say smoke free...it makes me feel better. I'm going to try this thing cold turkey. I'm a full time student living on a very fixed income. I'm running out of money right now, so I'm not going to buy any supplemental equipment. I've done it cold turkey before so I think I can handle it.
0 Kudos
rob17

Kalaine, did you get my email?
0 Kudos