cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

diana11

11 weeks 2 days

Hi,
Well After friday and the rest of the weekend, i didnt smoke... i did good. My house is so disfunctional i hate even being home. Work is my happy place. Me and my son got into it on friday and it lasted all weekend and instead of my boyfriend either staying out of things or sticking up for me he points out everything i do wrong. (ALL THE TIME FOR EVERYTHING) i just cant take it no more. My oldest daughter adds to the problems but since she keeps getting picked on for everything i have to stick up for her..(which pisses me off) but my youngest daughter is the only 1 talking to me at this point. I also have fibromyagia and stress makes my pain even worst, my lips all broke out in fever sores from the stress...BUT I DIDNT SMOKE.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
teri-smith

Hang in there. We all know how hard it is. You be proud of yourself for staying strong and not giving in to the stress and the urges. There are a lot of great poeple on this site and they have your back just like they have mine. Keep up the fight. It's going to feel sooooo good to win this one.
0 Kudos
fiveblessings

Stress is my toughest trigger, too and I can sure relate to the kids! Hooray for you for haning in there in spite of everything and staying strong! It's not easy but you have all of us rooting for you!
0 Kudos
diana11

you have 3 or 4 days on me i had my last cig on the 3/15/08 in the afternoon not sure of the time i think at like 3pm but i count the 16 as the 1st whole day with none. Great Job for you too. I know it does get easier but the this stress is not fun. Especially when my boyfriend smokes it didnt bother me at 1st but now it does at times.
Stay Strong and Smoke Free
Diana
0 Kudos
manofsteele

"BUT I DIDNT SMOKE"

Successful Quits = No Excuses !!! Way to Go !!

If you smoked...ya know what .....same problems + Smoking ....

Here are some groups that might help continue your Super start ...

http://community.becomeanex.org/group/dailypledge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Pledge - Quit Party Central - Relapse Traps
Game Room Quit Reasons - Thanks and Praise
Tough Luv - Words of Wisdom - Find a Quit Buddy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Great Reading - http://www.tobacco-facts.info/
For a Free Quit Keeper - http://dedicateddesigns.com/qk/

YOU CAN DO IT ... we can help .....just ask !
5.4 Million die due to smoking related causes every year.
That's 2000 times a 9/11

Ray Steele

Stay strong will always have some type of problems its just how we deal with it but poison of cigarettes never solves anything.... maybe the Game Room group can help cheer you up a little today....hope it helps!
0 Kudos
diana11

Thank you for repling to me so quick. I kno that it would have added to the problem. I will also check out those sites too.
0 Kudos
kps

Hang in there - you are doing great. Maybe for your "12 week celebration" you should take a day or weekend get away by yourself to find some peace. I know it is tough. Try not to let others dicate how you feel.
0 Kudos
diana11

Thank you for letting me know that others are dealing with disfunction too. Im sure i add to things but to constantly be told im wrong or "well what did YOU do" when i am wrong i dont admit it cause i'm always on the defense. But thank you for writing me back.
0 Kudos
diana11

I just may do that. i was ready to on saturday. But there was no money. Cant even afford to drive around the block with the gas prices.
0 Kudos