cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WaynenMary

One Day at a time

How quitting is done, is one day at a time. Yesterday is gone, the only thing you can is learn, tomorrow is not hear yet so no sense in worrying, now this moment is what matters. Those craves will pass, picking up will not make that stress any better. If anything it will make it worse. Hang on, you can do this. 

10 Replies
sweetplt

Thank you for this post WaynenMary it is so true....I wrote a post the other day on lifetime resolution and it didn’t quite come out right...I too, take my quit  “one day at a time” .... however, for me “health wise” I have to resolve NOPE forever....Thank you for sharing....Happy New Years’ ~ Colleen 392 DOF 

WaynenMary

Happy New Years to you also Colleen.  The addict plays so much on "Never again" it was terrible. We are so grateful to be out of the crutches of the addict. We know where the addict lives and refuse to go down that path. 

Barbscloud

No it didn't

WaynenMary

I am sorry Barbscloud‌ I did not mean to mess up the line of pledging. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

When?

0 Kudos
WaynenMary

Earlier on the pledge feed This morning.   I said hello to Kellan but I had pledge earlier

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Not a problem.  It happens.   Sometimes we're responding at the same time and it gets all of order.

Barb

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

My whole quit is based upon 2 days  The day I quit as it started my life and today   Today is the most important day of my quit as it is the only day that matters  next to 08/07/2016       One day at a time

Tdraym

I'm hanging in there one day at a time it's day 11 , Still have cravings just wonder when I can stop worrying about how much longer before they get a little less (easy) its just make me hope to much about making it another EXer I want to be

0 Kudos