cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

GLQuinn1509

Food cravings

So what I’ve noticed is I crave cigarettes more after certain foods that I eat . Did this happen to anyone else ? Like chili , or a burger . 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I craved a cigarette after almost EVERYTHING I ate - because that was always my association.

I would suggest you limit those foods for a bit until you are a bit further into your quit if you see them presenting more of a challenge to your commitment.

Nancy

sweetplt

Definitely like  YoungAtHeart above me...I craved cigarette almost everything I ate...that was my hardest crave to break year’s ago...then drink alcohol was the next...Colleen 351 DOF 

AnnetteMM

I still need a little something sweet after most meals to get rid of that sensation.

Barbscloud

Afraid I can't say any particular food either.  It was any food.

Barb

GLQuinn1509

It seems to be red meat for me . In any form . The craving is stronger after I eat read meat . 

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I craved a cigarette after every meal including snacks. I craved a cigarette pretty much 20 minutes after I put the last 1 out no matter what I was doing.

Connie

0 Kudos
GLQuinn1509

It will get easier . My craving leading up to me quitting were insanely strong . I was smoking more than I usually smoked . I’m going on week 3 and they still come but not as often and they range in intensity. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Wow, that is so weird.  Wish I could address this.   Hang in there.  Barb

0 Kudos
Giulia

Maybe skip those certain foods that trigger you until you've got a little more time under your belt?  As with the others, I craved after ALL food, even a carrot stick!  lol

0 Kudos