cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

ATTENTION TO QUIT NET FOLKS

I just wanted to pass along that I make quit tokens 

( no charge to you ) out of vintage silver-plate silverware. The only requirement is that you have at least one year free of Nicotine.

I engrave each one with your quit date and 'handle' name that you use here on EX.

You are a part of our family now and this is my way to give back to a community that helps so many and each other.

If you would like one please private message me a mailing address and the info I described above

Guys get a keychain, gals get a necklace and sometimes a key chain. I used to provide the chain for necklaces, but I don't anymore. 

Heres mine.

fullsizeoutput_2b2.jpeg

Welcome to the Family! Quitnet

Tags (1)
40 Replies
DonnaMarie

I'm soooooo close to a year.

Donna

Day 328

Mandolinrain

WOO-HOO!!! You go girl!

MandyLQ

That is awesome! 

DOF 105 days

Mandolinrain

Send me a reminder when you reach your year! I will send you one

And Congrats on 105 beautiful smoke free days!

MandyLQ

Thank you! That is so sweet of you! It is such a nice way to cement our quits. 

Giulia

I've got one, I've got one!!!!  They're made with love!

Mandolinrain

That they are, Thanks 'G'  xoxo

ClearColors

Mandolinrain

Your offer, of a token for quitting and friendship, is helping us to be a part of our new EXcommunity.  I am humbled.  Every one here has been so generous in their own way.

I bet your creative spoons are  forged with love as Giulia wrote. Your spoon is lovely and  what a great way to recycle silver-plated spoons! You barely know us,  and here you extend yourself so generously!

Make yourself comfy, get a coffee, tea or water - warning ... I am going to ramble a bit....

Quitnet  has milestones and one of our awesome quitters, who has since passed, Pegrob, used to get charms that represented each milestone for her charm bracelet.  I wonder if she's smiling at this.

Also we have something called a 3-day bracelet.  We design a bracelet for our quit milestone, and write about it.  Someone actually made and sent me a 3-day bracelet.  It absolutely helped me in my quit.

I will be coming up on a 15 year,  hard-earned quit anniversary. I am so very grateful to be here at the EX and so very saddened at the same time, because I have been with Quitnet for that long a time. 

This is a new beginning here at the EXCommunity, to be an Exer, vs a Qster (my term).  A new chapter in my quit and my fellow quitters from Quitnet. 

Your spoons remind me of the song, A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down. Well, your spoon will definitely help my transition be sweeter here. Thank you kindly and  I graciously accept your offer.   Thank you and I will cherish your thoughtfulness.  

Speaking of creativity and spoons you might appreciate this:

Angels in Heaven - Chris Rodrigues & the Spoon Lady - YouTube 

and,  of course

Mary Poppins-Spoon Full of sugar - YouTube 

Blessings,

Nancy

to life~

Mandolinrain

That is so very sweet of you to say and thank you  I love the 3 day bracelet idea also.

This truly is a wonderful loving community and I am glad we are here and getting some quintet folks to join us. I love your post and me thinks we will all become an even closer family with all the quintet folks joining us now. Welcome and I will get your token off to you soon