cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

KHedberg60

Mindset

I smoked for 20 years, quit for 15, then during a rough patch in my marriage, I started again. I've set my quit date for Nov 8, my husband's sobriety date. I nearly panic when I've got 1 cigarette left. My mind tells me I need a pack for security. Common sense tells me I can't smoke if I don't have any.  I've stopped the bedtime cig, and am now down from 14 a day to 6, but I need help!

3 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  You've come to the right place for support.  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan in preparation for 8th.  With 15 years of experience, you know you CAN do this.  Definitely recommend not keeping any  smokes around.  We know how tempting that is!   We're here to support you and want you to be successful.  Stick to your commitment and reach out anytime you need support. 

Barb

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome and EDUCATION is the key - it was SUGGESTED to ME to read all info here and watch video's at whyquit.com - video from families WHO have lost loved ones to their NICOTINE addiction - in HOPE it will HELP someone to CHOOSE life and NOT early death from SUCKING ON DEATH -  SUGGESTIONS made for ME to educate MYSELF on MY nicotine addiction ONLY - then to blog here BEFORE I take one PUFF over ME - thank you so much for sharing and HELPING ME to REMEMBER attitude gratitude for YOU and this group of RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICTS - I thank MY God for HIS love and grace and tender mercy to let ME live as a NON SMOKER - ONE day at a time - HOPE to read more of YOUR blogs - gentle hug

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. You have come to the right place for help: plenty of info here, you can blog as often as you'd like, respond to other blogs as you wish--and get to know some former smokers, new quitters and those just starting to plan. You are not alone. 

As you continue to prepare and when you quit, please remember that this is a one day at a time journey. You will be relearning life without cigarettes--it takes time, but is so doable.

Some good reads below by fellow Exers:

/blogs/Marilyn.H.July.14.14.-blog/2019/09/30/its-bound-to-take-time-to-relearn-life 

Give This The Time It Takes Give This The Time It Takes

One of the greatest tools you can use | BecomeAnEX

With committment we can & will succeed! | BecomeAnEX

Quitting Smoking is a Journey - YouTube 

Quitting Cigarettes Journal  my story

You are on the path to quitting--stay with it.

0 Kudos