cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Hi ya gang

Just wanted to let you know that all is well on my end.  As you know, it's been a rough go for a while after losing my dad.  I've been trying to keep mom busy and not allow her to become a victim of the loss in her life.  I cannot imagine how she much be feeling; well I can in my own way.  

We got mom into grief counseling and she's doing pretty good.  Like the rest of us, she has her moments but, we pick her up and help her through.  For now, she put away all of dads photos but in time, when the moment is right, she said she'll put them back.  I understand.  

How all here are doing great and continuing on the NOPE Journey; I'm right there with ya.

mom and dad wedding.jpg

Mom and Dad 9/7/52

13 Replies
indingrl

YOUR A GOOD SON - we joined griefshare support group too - after 2 funerals back to back and MY husband's mom in hospice and MY mom -  saying she will NOT be here much longer- went to say goodbye - CONGRATS  - good job STAYING a non smoker - no matter what life in life's terms THROWS at ya - it was said to ME - that's LIFE it HITS EVERYONE  - griefshare.com - HELPS - WE are not ALONE others are GRIEVING losses of loved ones too - thanks for SHARING Ralph - gentle hug

constanceclum

WOW!!! Beautiful couple! I am so sorry for your loss too, but congratulations n not smoking. Isn't it nice to be able to help your mom without leaving every 20-30 minutes for a smoke?

MarilynH

That's a beautiful picture of your parents Ralph I'm so sorry your loss but I'm so happy that you're living a Smokefree Life, huge caring hug coming your way please pass a huge hug to your Mum from me.....

sweetplt

Ah Ralph1955 simply wonderful...you can see and feel their love...It is so good your mom had you and family to help her through her loss...you make sure your take care of YOU too...~ Colleen 331 DOF 

Barbscloud

Ralph, lovely photo and lovely couple.  Good to hear you're moving forward.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

I hope you and your Mom will be able, in time, to find comfort in all the beautiful memories.

I am proud of you for supporting her during this difficult time.

Nancy

PastTense

Thank you for sharing the wonderful photo of your parents on their wedding day.

Their smiles gave my heart a lift. 

Peace and hugs

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
elvan

What a wonderful photo and how wise of you to get your mom into grief counseling.  I understand putting all of the photos away although I have to admit that it kind of took my breath away.  We all deal with grief differently and there is no right or wrong way.

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for the update.  I am glad things are going well on your end. I pray that you and your mom will have comfort in dealing with the loss of your father.  NOPE no matter what.  Continue to keep of updated.  Nice pic.