cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

First day. About me. Wish me luck offer advice

Posting here instead of smoking. On day one 18 hrs although a lot of those hours I was sleeping. I smoked cigs when I was younger. I got sober from drugs alcohol but still smoked not a ton a stopped because I wanted to have kids. When my youngest was 1 my husband bought me a vape (that jerk lol). I have used that so much the past 3 year. I told myself i would only smoke it for one year and quit on my oldest birthday because i didn’t want him to remember it. I lasted 2 weeks. And started again. Every day i feel shitty because i know i don’t want to be doing it but it’s the only thing i have to take the edge off of life. I also am a yoga teacher for 15 years and hate how i have this bad habit. It’s time. I am tired of feeling crappy for doing this to myself. I teach a yoga retreat out of the country in less then 3 weeks and don’t want to be vaping. It was really helpful when I got sober 8 years ago to have a community so I am hoping having you all will help. My husband is not an addict at all he vaped with me these three years but not a ton and a few months ago said I think i am going to stop and just like that he was done. That’s not me. I get so addicted to things. This is my last real addiction. I want to live addiction free. I am starting with switching to nicotine gum 2mg.  Hoping that kind of curbs it. Thanks for being here. What day of stopping did you find the hardest? 

44 Replies
avian3

Sorry, I can't wish you luck since luck has nothing to do with it. It's totally in your hands. Read here and learn from others and how they have dealt with the withdrawals, anxiety, depression, if applicable,  and suggestions for how to handle these situations. Ask questions.  YOU can do it! We all had doubts that it would be possible to actually quit smoking. You just have to set your mind to it and tell yourself that NO life situation, no matter how difficult, is going to cause you to take another puff.

thank you. Your right luck doesn’t have anything to do with it.

sweetplt

Hello and Welcome to Ex’s Tapas_butterfly22 

Congratulations on 18 days quit...so happy you came here and posted instead of smoking/vaping...please read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  which helps with craves/triggers and preparation.  Most of this journey is substituting smoking for another healthy activity...it is doable, but takes time and hard work.   If you use gum, patches, etc., be sure to follow the directions...we are all in this journey together....and here to help you out...be sure to keep close to the support site...You are so Worth the Quit...~ Colleen 296 DOF 

Thank you

MarilynH

Welcome to the community we're all here to help you in any way we can you can and will be successful in this quit deep breaths and believe it make this your DAY ONE be DAY WON with many more to come. Tapas_butterfly22

I love that day one day WON. I am almost there. Thanks for commenting 

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 18 hours. Welcome to the EX community you have made a wise choice to quit vaping.  As you indicated it is an addiction therefore in order to get rid of the addiction you have to treat it as such.  I truly believe that education is the groundwork for a successful quit.  Just like your husband you have to make up you rmind that no matter what you will not puff. Addiction is addiction no matter what device you use to induce nicotine.  18 hours is a good start to recovery.  The main thing is to educate yourself about the addiction and what it does to your body. Nicotine 101 can be found on www.whyquit.com. Using lozenges may help, they will take the edge off but you have to find things to do to get over the craving and urges to vape and be willing to do the work required.  It is not easy but doable. So many of us here have. Here are101 Things to Do Instead of Vape‌.  It is advisable to read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking. Quitting a drug is not easy, but it can be easier if you are willing to do whatever is necessary to not vape.  Stay close.  Ask questions. blog, read and research.  Work out a plan My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  You can do this. NOPE will keep you free. One day at a time. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2013/08/11/foundation-for-a-successful-qui...‌, and remember https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2019/08/14/keep-it-simple?sr=search&s...‌ We are here to support you. 

Thanks for your response and all of these resources. I look forward to looking at them. 

JACKIE1-25-15

You are quite welcome.  Come here first when you are having difficulty,  Give us a chance.