cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

1400 Days, Today

I had blown a long quit of 2 1/2 years-ish,  went back to smoking like a fool for a few years(if you relapse DONT WAIT get right back at it)  or i never properly quit and fully changed my lifestyle and replaced the bad habit. I had quite a few failed quits after that lasted weeks to months and each time in the back of my head was i quit before i can do it again and when my nerves(anxiety) acted up I'd smoke. I was on QSMB and i was in the chat room there and found support, each time i had that nervous feeling i would jump on there and talk with my friends and they helped me over that hurdle. Still after( months after) the same situation, a straw helped but exercise especially walking was the missing ingredient. I had shared this with a childhood friend dave and he had battled addiction but some heavy addiction, when i told him about the walking trick he told me, you have a new habit and replaced the bad one. Move a muscle, change a thought... and 1400 days later    ..

Anyone reading this.. If i can do it, you can do it.

Each day that passes I'm the" fartherest" away from smoking that i have ever been.. I love the Lord of the rings, books and movies and sam  "If I take one more step, it will be the fartherest away from home I've ever been."

If I take one more step - YouTube 

21 Replies
YoungAtHeart

6903963603_1104827ae9.jpg

Congratulations on your 1400 days!

Good to see you!

Nancy

PastTense

I remember Sam in the movie saying that line, and it kind of broke my heart.  I was in awe of the bravery required to take that next step.

And here YOU are, being brave in new territory and building new, healthy habits!  Good job!

Thanks for checking in.  1400 days in an inspiration.

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
WhispersQSMB

One step at a time.. Thank you

indingrl

Rough days baby steps work too just keep stepping forward - CONGRATS WHISPER QSMB and finding what works for YOU to -  NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF ever over YOU -   1400 NON SMOKER steps - WAY TO GO ! Yahoooooooooo GOOD JOB

WhispersQSMB

Thanks you

sweetplt

Congratulations on 1400 Days quit WhispersQSMB ... Way to go...and Thank you for posting and inspiring me along your journey...Enjoy...and Embrace your Freedom ... ~Colleen 296 DOF 

WhispersQSMB

Thank You

avian3

CONGRATULATIONS Whispers!!

WhispersQSMB

Tank you Avian