cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kellyann

chantix Questions

On average how long were you on chantix before you gave up smoking?

I am on 2 mg a day 1 morn i night and have been for over A week and am still smoking?

Any help would be great here please

KellyAnn
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
stebunny

Hi KellyAnn,
Have you set a quit date? I think it is very important because you can have your final hoorah the night before and still know in your head that the next day you are done. I did the starter pack 7 days before my quit date and on the 8th day I knew I was done for good. That day I started the the 2mg once in the morning and once at night. It worked for me. Now I am back to 2mg once a day- I found that the twice a day was effecting my sleep. I plan to stay on the 2mg once a day until June. Good luck to you, set a quit date, if you havent already and contact me anytime if you have any questions, concerns or just want to vent (I still have those moments every so often!!!) stebunny
0 Kudos
cowgirlnc

Hi Kelly Ann,
I'm working on my 3rd week of the 2mg twice a day and still smoking every once in awhile. And I smoke everyday but I have gone from a pack and a half to maybe 6 total in a day. A friend of mine was on Chantix and quit completely. He did not completely quit until week 6 or 7. He told me that if I get to feeling stressed and can't handle it to just smoke. He said the day will come when I won't want one anymore so that's the way I am dealing with my quitting. Good Luck with your quest; my depression is much better now. The first two wks. were like living in hell for me but things are looking up!!!
0 Kudos
kellyann

Thank you for this post I dont feel like I am cheating now
0 Kudos
laurie9

I took chantix a few weeks before quiting, I was afraid to go without the cigs... then found out I could go without them. I started Chantix in september I did cheat quite a few times. Last was at Christmas time(weaning off the cahntix) visiting my daughter & son-in-law smoked everyday while i was there.Came back went back on the Chantix took it for another month ,refilled it but carried box of pills around, I have not smoked since Dec 27th. Hang in there it will come (the ability to quit) I had really funny weired dreams on it and nausea if i didn't eat and take as directed.
0 Kudos