cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

BEST WEIGHT LOSS!

What is YOUR OWN personal keeping weight OFF???MINE IS .......please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you - for ME I have been working on MY choices to eat when I am hungry since 2005 and  just recently I was taught by two women - who HELP with food addictions - which I used FOOD instead of NICOTINE  - since I don't use MY DRUG NICOTINE to cope with the issues inside of ME - in MY past I smoked 50 cigs a day to deal with MY eating addictions - I wouldn't eat for a month- just smoke and   just live off coffee with creme and sugar and TODAY  I pray and ask God for HELP and NOW living as a NON SMOKER - I changed MY old junk food mindset to a NEW MINDSET and to listen to MY body and eat when I am hungry and STOP when MY body says it is FULL - I have been walking with Leslie Sansone since 2010  -  I exercise every day and I discipline MYSELF by eating more veggies and sticking with natural low sugar fruits in the berry family - in a month I went from a size 18 to a size 16 - thanks for letting ME share - gentle hug

19 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I love food and this is my best weight loss plan

No seriously.  I have always been conscious of my weight. I have an active lifestyle.  When I quit smoking I gained 6-7 lbs.  Which I have lost and gained and lost. lol. 

I have been using WW (Weight Watchers) as a tool for the last 3 years. I have met my goal weight and have been maintaining it for the most part.  There are times that I may splurge a little. Just like quitting it is a change in your lifestyle with better eating and exercise. They go hand in hand. Even that is not perfect so I try to just watch my waistline so that I do not have to buy a completely new wardrobe. TW517    Unless you are having medical issues you should not be too concerned about the weight gain or loss.  In recent months we have been informed by members that they developed thyroid conditions after quitting. I am not sure who is prone to that.     

TW517

0 Kudos
indingrl

Thanks for sharing Jackie - it was a request to get a discussion going - so this person could read about all the variety of ways learning NEW ways to cope with issues inside them to think and act in a healthier way offered  by whoever and whatever anyone lives day by day as a NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE - and that will offer a better way than emotional eating or the hand to mouth habit to be renewed by a better way than eating when NOT hungry  for them to CHOOSE a NEW way for them to keep weight off and STAY NICOTINE FREE thanks for YOUR HELP

WhispersQSMB

Its a #'s game, calorie intake and exercise . today, my way of controlling me weight

twinkee guy.png

Twinkie guy

indingrl

True balanced and common sense - WOW - beautiful -  10.6 miles Yahoooooooooo - good job - thank you for inspiration - RECOVERING chocolate addict- 3.5 miles 2 to 3 miles an hour walking pace - trained by Leslie Sansone dvd on line and at home everyday - Sunday's off- spiritually balanced for ME 

WhispersQSMB

That was today, norm is 3-4 miles per day. Fall like weather out here i pushed it after eating a lot of pizza last night ... Thank You indingrl

indingrl

YOU are awesome and your welcome

aboyd63

Thanks, thats really good information 

Ill start working on that.

indingrl

Awe your welcome