cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

juliagridley

Today is quit day.

Today is quit day. Please pray that I stay consistent. This isn’t just for me. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Educate yourself about this addiction and continue to prepare for the stages of your journey.  If you need assistance, reach out. We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos
TW517

juliagridley  I hope you are doing OK!  I don't know how your post from 2 days ago slipped by everyone except for Barbscloud‌ noticing it today.  Sometimes a lot of people post at once, and then yours gets lost below all them.  If you post to a "Blog" rather than a "Discussion", those usually get more noticed.  Please reach out if you need help navigating, want specific advice, want to vent or brag.  Glad you found us!

0 Kudos
WhispersQSMB

Be ready to battle a crave, take a walk, drink some water... Deep breaths, have some candy, the pass and gets easier in time. The rewards are endless

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome , make a list of the reasons you are quitting and keep them close by so you can review to them often. Education is the key to a successful quit.  I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web an easy read that proved very helpful to me..  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating the site go to. Community Help‌. 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Happy quit day. Stick with Ex and follow through on your quit one day at a time. Try not to worry about tomorrow, just today, one day at a time.

0 Kudos
Jengy616

Today is my first day without smoking. Feel ya!

0 Kudos
elvan

You can do this, please remember that we ALL started at day one...this is a journey and it is one day at a time.  Education about nicotine addiction, support from people who know exactly what you are talking about, and your own commitment will bring you through.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Jengy616

Thanks! When did you quit ?

0 Kudos
elvan

I quit 5 1/2 years ago.  I got so sick that all of my focus was on breathing and staying alive.  I did a lot of damage to my poor lungs and now I live with that every day.  It is never too soon to quit smoking, it is always the best thing you can do for yourself and those who love you.  You do not have to do it alone and every person here wants to help you.

Ellen

0 Kudos