cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

naprajaya

Tomorrow is the day

i am excited and scared.. tried few times before but relapsed.. feeling a lot more confident this time and i am prepared.. thanks to all of you wonderful folks there helping us..

7 Replies
maryfreecig

Good for you! You can do this one day at a time. Can't say it enough. You've prepared and you've got Ex 365.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex. Congratulations on your decision to quit.  Continue to educate yourself about this addiction and prepare for your your quit.  If you haven't already, visit  My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   I highly recommend taking the Daily Pledge each day.  It really helped me stay on course.   If you need help, reach out.  We're here for you.

Barb

elvan

You sound really good, I hope you have read about this addiction and that you have planned for the tricks it will play on you.  If you have quit before, try to identify WHY you started smoking again and be prepared for similar situations.  Welcome to EX, we really ARE here and we really DO care.

Ellen

0 Kudos
naprajaya

thanks all.. got past day 1 with a little bit of struggle.. when the craving got too much, i will start reading the long timer blogs here to remind myself people have done it.. day 2 is half done (i am in India)..

Barbscloud

Big congrats on you first day won.  Taking that first step is the only way to achieve success.  Stay close and reach out (from India) if you need support.

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to the EX Community and Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking.  Look forward to each day WON One day at a time.   Quitting is doable.  You have come to the right place for support.  I believe that education is the key to successfully quit.  It is suggested to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info is www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  Quitting takes planning and preparation go to EX Plan | BecomeAnEX to decide how you are going to go about quitting. To get help on navigating the site go to. Community Help‌.  Make quitting smoking your number one priority. Start by getting rid of anything associated with smoking such as ashtrays, lighters, etc.  You can do this if you make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke is a good beginning. For a while, you will think about smoking but that does not mean you have to act on it.  You can talk yourself out of smoking.  No matter what never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept Not one puff ever. Be willing to do the work.  Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit is work.  Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom

0 Kudos
elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, you are off to a good start!

Ellen

0 Kudos