leelu

Time

Discussion created by leelu on Jul 20, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2019 by Giulia
  •  I stopped smoking on July 4, 2018, but it really wasn’t me, I asked God - I asked God to help me to want to quit and seek His help. I was coughing so much that I came down with bronchitis twice - I was black and blue from coughing so hard. My doctors told me to quit smoking. It was time to quit. I researched the patch and asked my husband to help me. He bought the 21mg patch. I put the patch on and contacted the quit line. They said to taper down and pick a quit date. I quit smoking on July 4, 2018. On August 20, 2018, I stop using the nicotine patch.

I walk everyday and use straws when I am stressed or I carry a lite incense stick. I visit the ex- community site often as it provides the best advice and information.

I would like to remind myself how difficult it has been to quit. I would like to remind myself about how emotional and draining it has been. The pangs, the urges, the triggers, and the stress. I would like to remind myself to never take another puff.

My mother died, she passed away on December 22, 2018 at 11:05.  Her funeral was held on December 31, 2018. Today is July 20, 2019, I miss my mother so much!!!!  It has been a little over a year, and I am still dealing with major depression, but I am so

• grateful to be smoke free.  leelu

Outcomes