cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

desiree465

Smoking Cessation Program

Hey everyone. I need some input. I'm in dental hygiene school right now and I'm wrapping up my second semester. Over the summer I have to put together a power point presentation for a smoking cessation program that I will have to present to a patient at some point next semester. I'm only required to do this for one person, but the presentation has to be done so that it could be presented to anyone. Meaning it can't be specific to that one person. There is a link below that shows the evaluation form that the professors are using to grade me. It's a really thorough form. I will be using my personal experience as far as quit tools and things I've learned from school and from this site, but I'd love any opinions from the group since you guys are the ones that got me through my quit! Thanks everyone

https://incloud.webstudy.com/WebCourses/share/includes/content/MaterialShowW.asp?MaterialID=176157

17 Replies
AnnetteMM

I would absolutely present Accountability as its own point. Staying accountable, first to the community, and then to oneself, is essential so that we don't give ourselves permission to smoke again.

desiree465

I like that, I'm kinda thinking of doing an accountability list, something like to oneself, family, work, friends, pets and then give reasons how smoking effects each thing on the list. 

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

I personally would send an email to G"  very smart woman.  mho 

Idk

Hugs

Barbscloud

Are we supposed to be able to view this form?  I couldn't.

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I couldn't see it just now.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Presentation to a general society in accepting FACTS and TRUTH which has been presented to society since 1802-  about the effects of using the drug nicotine lists the drug addict along with people and pets. Each effected differently by the drug nicotione with all the chemicals involved in the processing of tobacco- the end result - long suffocation - or early death - what NEW FACTS and TRUTH will YOU be TEACHING NEW - that they dont already KNOW - I am just asking- I believe YOUR OWN RECOVERY from YOUR DRUG USING NICOTINE will be the BEST presentation - YOUR OWN experience- to thine own SELF be true- SELF truth is YOUR acceptance to present and share how you walk your talk and live a NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE just for YOU! CONGRATS AND WAY TO GO!  in HIS love and service- gentle hug.

Giulia

I couldn't view the form so can't offer an opinion.  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

The form also required a log-in from me.

0 Kudos
elvan

Same with me, I could not log in to see the form.  You can chronicle your journey and you can also talk about all of the people you have met here and how many of them (us) have lost teeth because of this addiction.  Be sure they understand it is an addiction, it is not "just" a habit, recovery is one day at a time.

So good to hear from you, congratulations on your quit and on school.  Maybe you could copy and paste the form onto the site...so we could retrieve it.

Ellen